Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, April 9, 2018.
Actually, there are 11 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
11. Talent - Storage: Hyperconverged secondary storage provider Cohesity has hired Matt McSweeney as VP of sales; he now leads the company's go-to-market strategy and execution in the Americas. McSweeney most recently worked for Palo Alto Networks.
10. Talent - Software: Apple has hire Jon McCormack as VP of software. He previously held key posts at HP Inc., Google, Amazon and Yahoo.
9. Heading to Prison?: An Ohio court has sentenced four high-ranking TERiX executives for their role in a pirating scheme through which they stole and resold Sun and Oracle firmware patches. Three of the four execs received prison sentences, according to BleepingComputer. Meanwhile, Oracle cheered the court's decision.
7. Google Network Monitoring: Google Cloud Platform has introduced VPC Flow Logs, which allows admins to track network flows all the way down to an individual virtual interface, in near-real-time, the company claims. The tool is ideal for performance analysis, network forensics, logging and monitoring to identify traffic and access patterns that may present security or operational risks to an organization, Google claims.
6. PSA Software: Krow Software's PSA platform for Salesforce gained multiple enhancements in Q1, including Services CPQ (quote-to-cash for creating proposals & quotes); Time Anywhere (time & expense management); Resource Management; Multilingual Billing; and Enterprise Integrations across Sage Financials, Sage Intacct, Xero, Quickbooks, Netsuite, Slack, JIRA, Zendesk, and more.
5. IT Services for Nonprofits: AppRiver, in partnership with Microsoft Philanthropies, now offers substantial discounts on Office 365 packages to nonprofits. The offerings are available via AppRiver's MSP ecosystem.
4. M&A - Cloud IaaS: NTT Communications has completed the acquisition of Dimension Data's cloud IaaS business. The deal was announced in November 2018. NTT's cloud services are available in 15 countries and regions, and 35 data centers. Plus, Dimension Data clients will have access to NTT Com's SD-WAN, global data centers and DDoS protection services.
3. M&A - Data Center: Zayo Group Holdings has acquired a 62,000-square-foot data center in McLean, Virginia. The acquisition includes tenants, data center systems, and long-term leases. Financial terms were not disclosed. Zayo’s 127,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers.
2. M&A - IT Services: Management consulting firm Wavestone has acquired Xceed Group, a UK-based IT consulting firm focused on the financial services vertical. We'll share more details soon.
1. Private Equity - Office Equipment: Sentinel Capital Partners has acquired UBEO Business Services, a provider of printer, copier, and related office equipment sales and services in Texas. Financial terms were not disclosed. UBEO has roughly 225 employees who support 6,000 midsize businesses, schools and municipalities. UBEO manages roughly 20,000 machines and maintains long-term partnerships with Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Ricoh, and Xerox.