5 Channel Partner & MSP Market News Updates: 17 January 2023
Microsoft will add ChatGPT, the European IT market dips slightly, Aryaka partnership news and more MSP acquisitions. Sip up!
Credit: Getty Images
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, January 17, 2023. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s Technology, Channel Chief and MSP Partner Program News
- Microsoft To Add ChatGPT: Microsoft Corp. plans to add OpenAI’s artificial intelligence bot ChatGPT to its cloud-based Azure service “soon,” Bloomberg reports. Microsoft has provided its Azure OpenAI Service to a limited amount of customers since 2021. The service gives Microsoft’s cloud customers access to various OpenAI tools like the GPT-3.5 language system that ChatGPT is based on.
- MSP Acquisition: Pennsylvania-based Omega Systems, a managed service provider and managed security service provider for the financial services, manufacturing, health care, government, and professional service industries has acquired the TNS Group. TNS Group is an IT services provider from Stamford, Connecticut. This represents Omega’s third strategic acquisition in the last 12 months.
- Expanded Connectivity Partnership: Aryaka, a unified SASE and SD-WAN solutions provider, has expanded its partnership with SGS Telekom, a global provider of edge connectivity offering last-mile Internet access and networking services to enterprises, hotel chains, retail chains, system integrators, managed service providers (MSPs) and SD-WAN providers. Through the expanded partnership, SGS will resell Aryaka’s solutions, allowing Aryaka to expand its global reach, especially in the Asia Pacific region, the companies said.
- GTT’s Fiber Partnership: GTT Communications has expanded its partnership with Ziply Fiber, an internet-specific fiber networks provider. The company says the extended relationship will establish a new network Point of Presence (PoP) to serve the fast-growing data center market in Portland, Oregon. This isn’t GTT’s first fiber investment. The company acquired European fiber network operator Interoute for US$2.3 billion in cash back in 2018.
- European IT Market Down Slightly: Europe’s IT and business services market was down slightly in the fourth quarter, according to a report from Information Services Group. This marked the first time in the last 13 quarters the region failed to produce year-over-year growth, the reports authors said. Annual contract value in the combined market (both managed services and cloud-based as-a-service) was US$7.2 billion for the fourth quarter, down 1 percent from the previous year.