5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 16 July 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, July 16, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
B. Freshly Brewed News and Chatter
1. MSP Automation: BitTitan has launched Voleer, an IT automation platform for IT service providers (ITSPs). Voleer allows ITSPs to package and sell new solutions, grow revenue and improve profit margins, BitTitan asserts.
2. Closing the Tech Talent Gap: MSP veteran Amy Kardel recently joined CompTIA as VP of strategic workforce relationships. In a Facebook update, Kardel describes how CompTIA is working with the IT industry to help build a robust pipeline of future technology workers. The association plans to help organizations formalize and scale apprentice-like programs that provide doorways toward rewarding technology careers. Kardel was chairwoman of CompTIA’s board of directors from May 2016 through April 2019. She also was director and co-founder of Clever Ducks, an MSP in California.
3. Talent – MSP Automation: ConnectWise veteran Gerwai Todd has launched Triafy, a business that will help MSPs “collect service issue triage information.” Todd previously played a key role at ConnectWise, particularly in terms of the company’s M&A strategy. Chatter about Triafy has grown louder in certain corners of the MSP market. Todd has been mostly quiet about the effort — except for a few brief updates to his LinkedIn and Facebook accounts…
4. Application Performance Management (APM): Riverbed has launched a new division called Aternity. The division focuses on Digital Experience Management (DEM), which includes Riverbed’s End User Experience Monitoring (EUEM) and Application Performance Management (APM) solutions. The launch comes as APM provider Dynatrace prepares for an IPO.
C. Channel Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances: MSPs, CSPs, ISVs, VARs
1. Microsoft Inspire 2019: Track all worldwide partner conference news here.
D. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Microsoft Inspire (July 14-18, Las Vegas)
- IT By Design Build IT (July 14-16, Jersey City, New Jersey)
- Datadog Dash (July 16-17, New York)
- CompTIA ChannelCon (August 5-9, Las Vegas)
- VMware VMworld (August 25-29, San Francisco)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].