5 Channel Partner Updates: Wednesday 16 January 2019
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, January 16, 2019.
Actually, there are 24 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and telco agents to sip on.
24. Xerox Consulting: Xerox has rebranded its Global Imaging Systems business as Xerox Business Solutions.
23. Distribution – Identity Management: Ingram Micro has agreed to distribute OneLogin, a Unified Access Management platform.
22. Partner Program – Unified Communications: Avaya has expanded its A.I.Connect ecosystem with new partners and partner offers, including an increased focus on incorporating new Artificial Intelligence (AI) capabilities into its Unified Communications (UC) solutions, the company says.
21. Partner Program – Milestones: Agiloft, which develops agile business process software, grew revenues 40 percent, channel sales 200 percent, and employee headcount more than 30 percent in 2018. Key partners joining the program include Sequent, Nous Infosystems and Timmut Connect.
20. Partnership – Commvault & Cisco: Commvault has bolstered its backup and disaster recovery (BDR) technology for Cisco’s hyperconverged infrastructure.
19. Cisco Partner Incentive Strategy: Details are here.
18. Google Android Enterprise Mobility Management: Google is lining up enterprise mobility management (EMM) partners to support Android devices in business. Key partners include IBM MaaS360, MobileIron, and VMware Workspace ONE.
17. Talent – Security Software: Former McAfee Channel Chief Gavin Struthers has joined Sophos as regional VP in Asia Pacific-Japan,
16. Talent – Network Services: Altice USA has named Matt Grover EVP and Head of Altice Business Services, the company’s commercial services division. He reports to Altice USA Co-President and CEO Hakim Boubazine. PS: I’ve known Grover for more than a decade. Our kids played lacrosse together.
15. Talent: Alan Brotman has joined Ripcord, a robotic digitization company, as VP of channels and alliances. He previously ran a consulting firm, and also held key posts at Iron Mountain. Roughly 60 percent of Ripcord’s sales involved partners in 2018.
14. Talent – Networks: Blue Planet Networks, a carrier-grade Internet connectivity provider, has hired Steve Corfe as its CEO. He previously led the Network Solutions Product Development team at NTT Europe.
13. Talent – Video-based Security: Pro-Vigil has named Mark Matlock as its VP of indirect channel revenue.
12. Talent – MSPs: LogicMonitor veteran David Powell is joining Corsica Technologies as chief revenue officer. Corsica is a private equity-backed MSP.
11. Talent – Venture Capital: Datto founder and former CEO Austin McChord is now a partner at General Catalyst.
Continue to page two of two for the captivating conclusion of today’s blog.