5 Channel Partner Updates: Wednesday 25 July 2018
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, July 25, 2018.
Actually, there are 11 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
11. Talent: Microsoft veteran Aaron M. Painter will join Cloudreach as CEO on August 1, the software-enabled cloud service provider has confirmed.
10. Dell EMC Storage: Dell EMC has upgraded its midrange storage portfolio with Unity Operating Environment (OE 4.4), which boosts file-based replication and data mobility and security capabilities for block and file workloads, the company says. Also, the new SC Series Operating System update (SCOS 7.3) delivers higher performance and capacity gains, new Unisphere HTML5 interface and data-in-place upgrade capabilities, Dell EMC says.
9. HPE 3PAR Storage: HP Enterprise has upgraded the 3PAR storage portfolio to support predictive support automation via HPE InfoSight; and enhanced application automation for DevOps teams, the company says.
6. Office 365 Backup: Veeam Software has launched Backup for Microsoft Office 365 Version 2. The new release now protects Microsoft OneDrive for Business, SharePoint Online, and SharePoint on-premises installations, in addition to Exchange Online and Exchange on-premises, Veeam says.
5. Data Protection Milestones: CloudBerry Lab is turning some heads in the data protection market, earning G2 Crowd Spring Leader 2018 Badge, a Silver Stevie Award, a Bronze IT World Award, and Microsoft Gold-Certified Partner Status, the company notes.
4. PSA for Office 365: Progressus Software has upgraded its PSA platform for Microsoft Office 365 and Dynamics 365 Business Central.
3. M&A – Cloud Distribution: IT Cloud Solutions (ITCloud.ca) has acquired Cloud-IT, furthering the two companies’ efforts to support cloud services for MSPs and channel partners.
2. M&A – Office Equipment: PopSmart Technologies has acquired Pinnacle Office Group. In a familiar trend, Mike Dudek served as legal counsel and provided legal advice and services to Pinnacle and its owner Gary Plinario on the sale. Financial terms were not disclosed. Dudek works behind the scenes on numerous M&A deals.
1. Google Cloud Next 2018: Our conference coverage continues here.