5 Channel Partner Updates: Wednesday 01 November 2017
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, November 1, 2017.
Actually, there are 12 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
12. SolarWinds MSP’s Next Moves: They’re all described here…
11. MSPs and ServiceNow: Don’t overlook what CareWorx is up to...
10. Cisco Partner Summit Surprises: Google Cloud CEO Diane Greene just surfaced at Cisco Partner Summit 2017. Why’s that? Follow our live blog today. Also, expect some surprises at least through 5:00 p.m. ET today…
9. 3D Printing Struggles?: Shares in 3D Systems fell about 15 percent after the company’s Q3 revenues and profits fell short of analyst expectations. 3D printers were expected to revolutionize manufacturing and other verticals where machine parts and other product pieces could be built on demand. But the technology hasn’t quite lived up to the overall hype just yet. Meanwhile, emerging rival HP Inc. is preparing a major 3D printer push — though it’s unclear if HP will have more success than 3D Systems. HP has also completed the $1.05 billion Samsung printer business buyout, the company announced today.
8. MSP Software: Atera has bolstered its cloud-based PSA and RMM platform with new system control and monitoring, improved patch management, and 24/7 app support that features real-time chat with Atera specialists.
7. Apple vs Qualcomm: Apple, locked in an intensifying legal fight vs Qualcomm, is designing iPhones and iPads for next year that would jettison the chipmaker’s components, according to The Wall Street Journal.
5. Microsoft Outlook vs. Office 365: Anybody else notice Microsoft is stepping away from Outlook Premium to increasingly emphasize Office 365?
4. Partner Program: CloudRanger, which offers a simple backup solution for Amazon Web Services (AWS), has unveiled an MSP Partner Program…
3. AI & Service Management: ServiceAide, a provider of service management solutions, has unveiled an Artificial Intelligence (AI) powered virtual support agent called Luma….
2. Datto and ConnectWise: Datto is more deeply integrating its data protection platforms with ConnectWise. The integration was long-planned before last week’s surprise Datto-Autotask merger announcement. We’ll share more thoughts soon.
1. ConnectWise’s Next Move: We’re digging for details ahead of ConnectWise IT Nation 2017 next week. I suspect the next move won’t be a “knee-jerk” reaction to the Datto-Autotask deal. Instead, it will likely be part of a broader strategy — perhaps focused here. Stay tuned for potential updates before the conference starts next week on Nov. 8. In the meantime, here’s the preview.