5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 11 June 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, June 11, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- What We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
B. Freshly Brewed News and Chatter
1. M&A – MSP Buys ServiceNow Partner: Fully Managed has acquired this company…
2. M&A – Credit Union Concerns: A heads up to MSPs that support banks and credit unions… There could be friction ahead in your market. The Independent Community Bankers of America (ICBA) has launched a task force to study the “disturbing trend of large credit unions increasing their taxpayer-subsidized footprint by buying up smaller, taxpaying community banks.”
3. Cisco Certification, Network Automation: Cisco Systems has evolved its professional certification and training program, and is promoting a DevNet Automation Exchange for code sharing that drives network automation. Details are here.
4. AI and Networking: Cisco is also talking up artificial intelligence’s role in next-generation intent-based networking. Details are here.
5. AWS Machine Learning: AWS has officially launched Amazon Personalize, bringing the same machine learning technology used by Amazon.com to AWS customers for use in their applications – with no machine learning experience required. Amazon Personalize “makes it easy to develop applications with a wide array of personalization use cases, including specific product recommendations, individualized search results, and customized direct marketing,” the company asserts.
6. Database Migrations: RDX has launched a new clckwrk clckwrk Refactoring Service for Oracle, which enables clients to migrate applications that use Oracle databases to Amazon Aurora, the AWS cloud-optimized version of the PostgreSQL open source relational database.
7. Healthcare IT Solutions: HP has rolled out healthcare-centric technologies that are “safer, smarter and secured,” the company claims.
C. Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Cloud Distribution: D&H Distributing has launched an updated Cloud Solutions Marketplace for VARs and MSPs MSPs and VARs build solutions comprised of cloud services, hardware, and their own managed and professional services, the company says.
3. Product Lifecycle Management PTC has expanded its strategic alliance with Microsoft, delivering its Windchill product lifecycle management (PLM) solution on Microsoft Azure.
4. Channel Talent – Meeting Room Bookings: Cloudbooking has hired Rachel Collie as Global Channel Partner Manager. Cloudbooking’s platform manages meeting room booking, desk booking and occupancy sensor technology.
5. Channel Talent – Data Management: Igneous, which delivers an Unstructured Data Management (UDM) as-a-Service solution has hired Qumulo veterans Jim Choumas and Leonard Iventosch as VP of channel sales and chief channel advisor, respectively.
D. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Cisco Live 2019 (June 9-13, San Diego, California)
- LiveWorx 2019 Digital Transformation (June 10-13, Boston, Massachusetts)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Explore 2019 (June 13-15, Orlando, Florida)
- DattoCon19 (June 17-19, San Diego, California)
- HP Enterprise Discover (June 18-20, Las Vegas)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].