5 Channel Partner Updates: Monday 05 November 2018
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, November 5, 2018.
Actually, there are 15 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents, and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
15. ConnectWise IT Nation Connect 2018: ChannelE2E is set to moderate four sessions at this week’s ConnectWise IT Nation Connect 2018 — including the Torch Talk main stage panel on Friday morning. That forward-looking panel features ConnectWise CEO Arnie Bellini, Clever Ducks Co-founder Amy Kardel, Wolf Consulting CEO Lloyd Wolf, and Fishtech CISO Eric Foster. Track all of ChannelE2E’s sessions and conference news analysis here. We’ll share more details daily through November 10.
14. Partnership – File Services Management: Nutanix and CTERA have partnered to “modernize enterprise file services,” the two companies say.
13. Private Equity – Big Offer: KKR & Co. on Friday offered AU$1.78 billion (US$1.28 billion) to take over Australian business management software firm MYOB, sweetening an original offer launched in early October, Law360 reports..
11. Cisco IoT Strategy: Watch for Cisco to reveal new milestones in the areas of IoT ruggedized solutions along with the Kinetic platform. Details should emerge at next week’s Cisco Partner Summit 2018 in Las Vegas.
9. Talent – Cloud Venture Capital: Google and Goldman Sachs cybersecurity veteran Mike Aiello is now a Venture Partner for AllegisCyber, a cybersecurity and data science venture capital firm.
8. Talent – Avaya Cloud Services: Avaya has hired Gaurav Passi as president of its cloud business group. Passi is responsible for further accelerating the company’s delivery of cloud-based solutions and driving continued momentum to grow Avaya’s market share in UCaaS (Unified Communications as a Service) and CCaaS (Contact Center as a Service) worldwide.
7. Lawsuit – IT Services Talent: In a trial that starts today, India IT outsourcing giant Tata Consultancy Services will need to explain why engineers hired at its American outposts are 13 times as likely to be fired if they’re not South Asian, Bloomberg says.
6. Lawsuit – Private Equity: San Francisco-based Northgate Capital has filed a lawsuit against Indian outsourcing giant Tech Mahindra, claiming missed payments on certain investment commitments. However, Tech Mahindra may have concerns about Northgate’s leadership turnover, according to Axios.
5. M&A – Amazon MSP: Ascential has acquired an Amazon-centric MSP for up to $400 million, pending earn-out performance targets and results.
4. AWS Cloud Migration Services: Flux7, an IT service provider that specializes in extreme automation on top of Amazon Web Services, has announced Flux7 Landing Zones on AWS, a cloud implementation service that provides enterprise companies with a rapid route to a secure foundation in AWS, the company asserts. Flux7 Landing Zones on AWS enable organizations to start application migration to AWS and gain skills through training in as little as 10 days, the company says.
3. Breaking – Verizon Reorganization: Verizon this morning confirmed a plan that will reorganize the company into three groups — Consumer, Business and Verizon Media Group/Oath. Verizon Business Group will include products and services sold to businesses and government, led by Tami Erwin, who is currently executive vice president of wireless operations, Reuters notes. The changes will be effective on January 1, 2019.
2. Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs 2019: Complete the survey and potentially have your MSP honored for its vertical-market momentum.
1. How to Reach $5 Million Annual Recurring Revenues: We’ll share the tips during our next ChannelE2E webcast. Register now.