5 Channel Partner Updates: Friday 26 July 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, July 26, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
B. Freshly Brewed News and Chatter
1. M&A – MSPs and Unified Communications: Pensare has acquired a Cisco Systems MSP and an unnamed IT solutions provider for $115 million. The buyer is seeking to build national cloud-managed unified communications provider.
3. M&A – Office Equipment Dealers: UBEO Business Services, a printer, copier, and document management solutions company, has acquired AmPan Business Systems — a provider of multifunction office equipment.
4. M&A – Digital Meets Real State: Colony Capital has acquired Digital Bridge Holdings for $325 million. Colony is investing in companies where the “digital and real estate frontiers intersect.”
5. From MSP to BSP?: The next channel partner shift will involve a move from MSP (managed services provider) to BSP (business solutions provider), Compliancy Group asserts.
6. Data Protection – Financial Momentum: Veeam‘s annual recurring revenue (ARR) increased 26 percent year-over-year (YoY) in Q2 2019 compared to the corresponding quarter last year. Also, Veeam Availability Suite U4 is approaching 350,000 downloads since its release in January 2019. The privately held data protection, backup and disaster recovery (BDR) software provider does not disclose actual revenue or profit figures.
7. Talent – Carbonite CEO Change: Carbonite CEO Mohamad Ali has stepped down from the data protection and cybersecurity company to join IDG as CEO. Carbonite chairman Steve Munford has been named interim CEO, and the company is seeking a permanent leader.
8. Talent – Data Protection: Commvault has hired Dell EMC veteran Ranga Rajagopalan as VP of product management, reporting to Chief Product Officer Rajiv Kottomtharayil. Rajagopalan will manage end-to-end software design services for Commvault’s suite of data management and data protection solutions, including Complete Backup and Recovery, Commvault HyperScale, Commvault Orchestrate and Commvault Activate, the company says.
9. Juniper Networks Financial Results: The networking company’s Q2 of 2019 financial results included:
- Net revenues of $1.1 billion, down 8 percent from the corresponding quarter last year.
- GAAP net income of $46.2 million, down 60 percent from the corresponding quarter last year.
Juniper’s stock was essentially flat on the news.
10. Atlassian Financial Results: The team productivity software provider’s Q4 of 2019 financial results included:
- Revenue of $334.6 million, up 36 percent compared to the corresponding quarter last year.
- A net loss of $237.5 million , compared to a net loss of $21.9 million for the corresponding quarter last year.
C. Channel Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances: MSPs, CSPs, ISVs, VARs
2. Security: Cybersecurity specialist Check Point Software Technologies is gaining traction with its new partner program, according to CFO Tal Payne. However, the program is still in its early days, and Check Point is learning quickly based on an incentive and award program that’s similar to the airline industry, she added.
D. Next Five Technology Conferences
- CompTIA ChannelCon (August 5-9, Las Vegas)
- VMware VMworld (August 25-29, San Francisco)
- Taylor Business Group Big Big 2019 Conference (September 12-14, Chicago)
- IT Glue GlueX 2019 (September 15-17, Phoenix)
- Oracle OpenWorld 2019 (September 15-19, San Francisco)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].