5 Channel Partner Updates: Friday 02 November 2018
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, November 2, 2018.
Actually, there are 18 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents, and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
18. Alibaba Earnings – Public Cloud Services: Alibaba, the Chinese e-commerce and cloud services giant, says revenue was US$12.4 billion for the quarter ended September 30, 2018 — up 54 percent from the corresponding quarter last year. Cloud revenues surged 90 percent to $825 million. The company has been taking steps to expand its cloud services worldwide — including new data centers in Europe. Alibaba is widely considered a Top 5 public cloud services provider (CSP) worldwide.
17. Carbonite Earnings – Data Protection: Carbonite’s Q3 2018 revenues were $77.7 million, up 26 percent vs. the corresponding quarter last year. Net income was $600,000 compered to a $3.6 million net loss in Q3 2017. In terms of new growth opportunities, CEO Mohamad Ali touted the new Carbonite Data Protection Console along with virtual machine data protection technologies. He also touted channel program investments to assist partner sales of data protection solutions. The revenue results were about $1.4 million below Wall Street’s expectations, according to SeekingAlpha.
16. Equinix Earnings – Cloud Data Centers: Equinix revenues were $1.3 billion in Q3 2018, up 111 percent from Q3 2017. This is the 63rd consecutive quarter of revenue growth, the cloud and data center interconnection company says.
15. Hybrid Cloud Data Protection: Druva Cloud Platform is now available on Amazon Web Services (AWS) Snowball Edge. This solution allows enterprises to move data between on-premises and cloud without the lock-in, complexity, and cost of legacy hardware, enabling them to speed up their infrastructure to cloud transition, Druva asserts.
14. IT Project Lawsuit: IBM is suing Corning Wireless, alleging that the company botched the design and install of a wireless network in the Atlanta Falcon’s new football stadium, according to Law360. Details about the IBM-Corning project for the Atlanta Falcons surfaced back in 2015.
13. Cloud ERP and PSA Software: FinancialForce has delivered its Fall 2018 ERP Release. It includes analytics products powered by the Salesforce Einstein Analytics Platform and a next-generation Salesforce Lightning user experience across the portfolio, the company asserts.
12. HIPAA Enforcements: It sounds like The Department of Health and Human Services’ Office for Civil Rights (OCR) is preparing to crack down even harder on HIPAA violations…
11. Blending Backup and Security: Intermedia‘s SecuriSync backup and file sharing software now offers anti-malware and antivirus protection powered by Bitdefender. The security capabilities are free to SecuriSync customers.
Continue to page 2 of 2 for items 10 to 1 in today’s update.