coffee wednesday

5 Channel Partner Updates: 29 March 2017

Welcome to page two. Enjoy a second serving of channel content — items 10 to 1 — here.

Eric Williams

Lou Lutostanski

10. Talent – IoT: Avnet has promoted Lou Lutostanski to VP, Internet of Things (IoT). He reports to Pete Bartolotta, chief transformation officer. In his new role, Lutostanski will strengthen Avnet’s IoT strategy and further Avnet’s reach to makers, entrepreneurs, startups and other IoT innovators, the company says. Former Avnet VP of IoT Eric Williams left the company earlier this year to pursue other opportunities.

9. Firewall Security: Sonus is collaborating with an unnamed firewall vendor to launch new offerings for MSPs. The work should protect customers from malware, telephony denial of service (TDoS) and other potential IP security threats. The question: Which firewall vendor is involved? Hmmm…

8. Partnership – Security: Guidance Software (endpoint security) and Demisto (incident response) have launched an integration to help service providers and customers orchestrate incident response across multiple security products, saving time and ensuring forensic-grade remediation of threats, the duo claims.

7. European IT Security: 35 percent of employees across the UK, France, Germany and Italy admit to have been involved in a security breach, according to a Forcepoint survey. What about the other 65 percent of folks? Apparently they don’t realize they’ve been hacked yet…

6. IPO – Cybersecurity: Okta, the Identity and Access Management (IAM) specialist, has priced its IPO and hopes to hit a $2 billion valuation, Business Insider says. The IPO seeks to raise roughly $160 million.

5. Funding – Security Startup: Smyte, a security startup in San Francisco, has raised $4 million in Series A funding. The company’s machine learning system helps customers to eliminate credit card fraud and other malicious activities.

4. Log Management Momentum: Loggly, the cloud-based log management solution provider, says revenue increased 99 percent in 2016 vs. 2015, aided by a significant shift in the proportion of enterprise-level customers. Indeed, average revenue per customer grew by almost 40 percent…

3. M&A – Managed Services:  Talent solutions provider Vaco has acquired the managed services division of Binary Semantics, a software development and systems integration company, according to Hunt Scanlon. We’ll share more details soon. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

2. Microsoft Cloud PBX: Keep an eye on Microsoft’s telephony services push. Skype for Business is gaining a range of new cloud PBX capabilities

1. Time’s Running Out: Participate in our Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs Survey. Deadline for submissions is this Friday, March 31. We’ll announce honorees — perhaps your company? — and research results on April 27. MSPs worldwide can participate.


Related Content

 

 

Return Home

No Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.