Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, October 28, 2016.
Actually, there are 11 entries for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
11. Managed Print Services M&A:Apogee, a managed print services provider, has acquired Direct Business Systems (DBS), an office equipment specialist, according to Business Sale Report.
9. Hard Times for Hardware:Xerox’s quarterly revenue fell nearly 3 percent, the seventh straight quarter of decline, as sales of its printers and copiers continue to fall, reuters noted.
8. Major UK IT Price Increases: Apple is raising Mac prices in the UK by 20 percent, Bloomberg says. The move comes one week after Microsoft announced UK cloud and software price increases that start January 1, 2017. The increases attempt to offset Brexit (Britain’s exit from the European Union) fallout and the weak British Pound. We’ll share more thoughts on this soon.
3. HIPAA & Compliance Expert: Compliance and business continuity expert Mike Semel remains a master of timely, insightful communications. Among the latest Semel dispatches to land in my inbox: “I’m not sure if you are aware of the proposed New York State regulations that will affect many resellers and their financial service clients that are licensed to do business in New York.” Frankly, I didn’t know about the proposed regulations. I’ll be checking in with Semel for more details. Perhaps you should, too, regardless of what state you’re in.
2. Meet ChannelE2E: We’re attending the following conferences ahead of the New Year. Want to potentially meet? Email me: Joe@AfterNines.com