5 Channel Partner Updates: 27 June 2017
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, June 27, 2017.
Actually, there are eight updates for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
8. Azure Managed Services: Atmosera, a Microsoft Cloud Solution Provider (CSP), has expanded its Managed Azure Services. They now include public, private, and hybrid Azure cloud solution delivery services for small, midsize and enterprise customers.
7. Google Fined: EU antitrust regulators hit Alphabet unit Google with a record 2.42-billion-euro ($2.7 billion) fine on Tuesday, taking a tough line in the first of three investigations into the company’s dominance in searches and smartphones, Reuters reported.
6. Focus, Focus, Focus: Ericsson has ditched its goal of winning more customers beyond the telecom industry, and will now refocus on selling networks to mobile phone companies in a move to cut costs and halt a dramatic fall in its share price, Reuters said.
4. Talent, Part I: Dell EMC Veteran Burney Barker has joined Gigamon as senior VP of worldwide sales.
3. Talent, Part 2: Puppet has named Tim Zonca as VP of worldwide marketing and Tanya Webb as senior manager of diversity and inclusion.
2. Business Continuity: BackupAssist, a provider of automated Windows server backup and recovery software for small and medium enterprises (SMEs), has launched its BackupAssist as a Service (BAaaS) and MSP Program into North America. We’ll share more details soon.
1. Network Operations Center: CompuCom has introduced a SmartNOC service for midsize and enterprise organizations. We’re checking to see what services the NOC offers.