5 Channel Partner Updates: 28 December 2016
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, December 28, 2016.
Actually, there are eight timely entries for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
8. Telecom M&A: EQT Mid Market has acquired Adamo, a fiber-based service provider in the Spanish telecom market. The founder, Fredrik Gillström, will reinvest and enter into a partnership with EQT Mid Market with the view to further develop and accelerate the growth of Adamo.
7. Massive Toshiba Financial Loss: Toshiba is set to take several billion dollars in charges because of cost overruns for a U.S. nuclear business acquisition. The news wiped almost $5 billion off of Toshiba’s market capitalization this week. It’s the latest bad news for Toshiba, a Japanese conglomerate that also struggled to overcome an accounting scandal.
6. Mergers, Acquisitions and Hackers: Three Chinese traders earned more than $4 million in illegal profits after they hacked into the computer systems of prominent U.S. law firms and stole nonpublic information on mergers and acquisitions, according to The Wall Street Journal.
5. Amazon Echo Solves Murder Case?: Too soon to say…
4. Economics of OpenStack: Still trying to figure out the potential business benefits of OpenStack for corporate clouds? Here are some potential clues. I gotta admit: I never considered OpenStack a big hit, especially since early pioneers like Rackspace and Mirantis have changed up their business models in recent years. But Red Hat’s OpenStack distribution revealed major momentum in the company’s latest earnings…
3. Managed Services and Compliance: ePlus inc. has successfully completed the Type 2 SSAE 16 (Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagements) examination for its Managed Services Center and OneSource family of software products. The products provide information technology acquisition, asset management, procurement, and catalog management capabilities. The Type 2 SSAE 16 examination, formally known as a Report on Controls at a Service Organization (SOC 1), was performed in accordance with the standards established by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), ePlus said.
2. Technology Market Forecasts: Looking for a research report or forecast about a particular IT market segment? Check out our technology research report recaps here.
1. Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs: Does your company potentially rank among the world’s Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs? Prove it. Participate in our Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs survey and your company could be honored when we announce research results in early 2017.