5 Channel Partner Updates: 27 June 2016
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to sip on for Monday, June 27, 2016.
Actually, there are 12 entries for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs) and independent software vendors (ISVs) to sip on. Take a look…
11. Barracuda for Intronis MSPs: Barracuda Networks has launched a firewall for its Intronis MSP Solutions partner base. Details about the offering are here. The effort comes as security and storage converge toward data protection in the MSP market.
10. Insider Data Theft: Nearly 70 percent of organizations “experienced an attempted or realized data theft or corruption by corporate insiders” over the past 12 months, according to Accenture, compared to 57 percent that experienced similar risks from external sources. Media and technology firms, and enterprises in the Asia-Pacific region reported the highest rates — 77 percent and 80 percent, respectively, Bloomberg said. As Intronis MSP Solutions by Barracuda pointed out earlier this month: MSPs need to mitigate the insider threat for their customers.
8. What Brexit Means to Your Business: In case you missed it, our Brexit coverage describes the potential impact to IT service providers; pinpoints reaction from TechUK CEO Julian David, a key UK IT association leader; and offers a Brexit checklist to help your company navigate potential issues.
7. Brexit Impact on London Tech Scene: How are tech startups feeling in London after the Brexit vote? The answer sounds a bit depressing, with some pundits predicting some tech businesses and associated talent will relocate to Barcelona, Paris or Berlin.
6. Dell Kills Cloud Manager: Dell Cloud Manager has been discontinued. The brokerage service was designed to be a central hub that managed cloud shopping and billing. In some ways it was similar to Ingram Micro Cloud Marketplace and ConnectWise’s emerging CloudConsole.
5. RMM Meets Audio-Visual Equipment: Thousands of MSPs leverage RMM (remote monitoring and management) software to proactively maintain servers and PCs. Now, SP Controls is applying that mindset to the education vertical — and classrooms with audio-visual (AV) equipment. Indeed, SP Controls has launched the Doceri Collaborative Solution, which provides centralized monitoring, control and security for campus-wide AV platforms, the company claims.
4. MSP, VAR Service Desks: Keep a close eye on FreshDesk. Trust us.
2. Help Wanted: Check the ChannelE2E Job Board for career opportunities within VARs, MSPs, CSPs, distributors and channel-friendly companies. Or, submit your own company’s opportunities to the job board.
1. Ransomware Webcast: Hear real-world case studies and best practices that allow VARs and MSPs to fight ransomware. Register now and join us Thursday, July 28 at 2:00 p.m. ET/11:00 a.m. PT.