5 Channel Partner Updates: 22 June 2017
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, June 22, 2017.
Actually, there are 14 updates for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
14. Partner Program: E8 Storage has a global channel partner program. Early partners include Proact and World Wide Technology (WWT) – which will market, sell and support E8 Storage’s high-availability shared NVMe flash storage appliance.
13. Distribution – DRaaS: Ingram Micro’s Promark Technology business has partnered with OffsiteDataSync, a Veeam Growth Partner of the Year in 2016. Promark and OffsiteDataSync have a U.S.-focused go-to-market strategy for cloud backup and DRaaS technology.
12. Technology Supply Chain: World Wide Technology (WWT), an integrator that provides technology and supply chain solutions to large public and private organizations, has launched EA+, a program of services that maximizes how enterprises buy and use software.
11. Next HP Enterprise CEO?: HP Enterprise has promoted Antonio Neri into the president position, where he’ll oversee efforts to continue streamlining and optimizing the company. The move begs the obvious question: Is Neri first in line to potentially succeed CEO Meg Whitman if/when she decides to step down? Whitman has been CEO since September 2011. She largely stabilized the company after years of turbulence. Among her key moves: Breaking HP Enterprise and HP Inc. into two companies so that each could focus more aggressively on their core markets. I’m not suggesting that Whitman is ready to step away from the business. But Neri seems like he’s now next in line for the position.
10. Application Performance Management: New Relic will launch its first European availability zone in Germany sometime in 2018. The company, which offers cloud monitoring and application performance management (APM) tools, has generated 44 percent year over year growth in EMEA from fiscal 2016 to fiscal 2017, New Relic says. The Germany launch will give customers and service providers peace of mind that their data isn’t leaving Europe, the company says.
9. Government Data Center Services: CyrusOne, a data center REIT (real estate investment trust), has partnered with Innovative Management Concepts (IMC), an IT solutions company. The result: IMC’s GSA schedule now features CyrusOne’s services, enabling government agencies to procure CyrusOne services, including data center hosting and cloud management, the companies say.
8. AT&T and Amazon Web Services: AT&T NetBond for Cloud’s new Direct Connect (DX) bundle allows customers to link to 100 additional cloud software and service providers hosted on the AWS platform, AT&T says.
7. Equinix and Microsoft: The Equinix Professional Services (EPS) organization has achieved Microsoft Gold Cloud Platform status via its Equinix Professional Services (EPS) organization. The Equinix global network and data centers connect to scores of third-party systems, including Microsoft Azure.
6. Office 365 Cloud Migrations: SkyKick has upgraded its Office 365 Migration Software Suite. The upgrade eases migration management, while giving partners even more visibility and control over active projects, the company claims.
5. PSA Upgrade: Krow Software, which develops professional services automation (PSA) software built native on Salesforce, has launched support for Intacct. Krow PSA for Intacct integration provides real-time synchronization of data and processes including project and tasks, resource management, billing and cost rates, time and expense, billing and invoicing, the company says. It also supports multi-company and multi-currency environments, including transaction auditing, Krow assets. The update comes the same week that rival FinancialForce upgraded its PSA platform for Salesforce. Related: Here are 20 PSA options for IT service providers.
4. TSIA Embraces MSPs: The Technology Services Industry Association, which supports IT service management professionals, appears to be getting very serious about MSP engagement and education…
3. Giving Back: Michael Goldstein, president of LAN Infotech, participated in the recent five-day bicycle marathon known as ‘Steve Weagle’s Ride for the Red Cross,’ The marathon raises funds for the American Red Cross while promoting awareness and preparedness for hurricane season. Here’s a sampling of the media coverage:
2. Can You Afford to Build a Security Operations Center?: Here’s the financial math — and that’s just for the talent you’re gonna need…