Top 25 Most Popular SaaS, Cloud Applications for Business
Which cloud and SaaS applications are most popular with business users? We’re glad you asked. Here’s a list of the 25 most popular SaaS and cloud offerings, according to analytics and related research from Okta Inc. as of March 2016.
Updated January 23, 2017: The list below is from 2016. To see the 2017 list visit here.
The 2016 list below is NOT to be confused with an IaaS cloud market share estimates for Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, IBM Cloud and Microsoft Azure.
Here’s Okta’s top 25 SaaS adoption list:
1. Microsoft Office 365
4. Google Apps
5. Amazon Web Services
13. Adobe Creative Crowd
16. JIRA (Atlassian)
18. FedEx US
20. Outlook Web Access – 2010
21. Google Analytics
24. Google Apps Admin
25. Actually, there were only 24 applications on the list but we rounded the headline out to 25 to make for a better headline.
Most Popular SaaS and Cloud Applications: Key Trends
- The adoption gap between Microsoft Office 365 and Google Apps for Work widening, Okta’s data shows. However, many organizations use Office 365 and Google Apps for Work in tandem.
- While Box remains wildly popular, business growth has slowed and/or flattened, the data seems to show.
- Slack has burst onto the scene, ranked No. 12 now. The application wasn’t even in the top 25 at this time last year.
- Other fast-growing apps include Tableau (up 77 percent), New Relic (up 56 percent) and Microsoft Azure (up 46 percent).
- The typical company accesses between 10 and 16 off-the-shelf cloud applications, up about 20 percent from last year.
Okta releases an updated list of the top SaaS applications once a year or so. The data is based on Okta’s analytics capabilities.