5 Channel Partner Program and MSP News Updates: 07 January 2021
Here are five (actually, more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, January 7, 2022. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s Technology, Channel Chief and Partner Program News
1. MSP Software – Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM): Datto RMM has gained improved logging capabilities. The new Unified Activity Log allows MSPs to:
- View device, system and user activity, all in one place;
- access device data at the device, site or global level;
- find specific data with filters, search and sort capabilities.
2. Executive Leadership – Channel Chief: ThreatAdvice, an MSSP, has hired Matthew Koenig as vice president of channel development.
- Chief Operating Office Margi Shaw has been promoted to CEO;
- Chief Business Officer Mikail “Mak” Shomade shifts to COO; and
- Executive VP of Sales and Marketing Mark Dickey is now chief revenue officer (CRO).
Nitel founders Rick Stern and Ron Grason remain investors in the business.
4. MSP Growth: CMIT Solutions, an MSP with a franchise business model, achieved 61 percent growth in 2021 vs. 2020, though actual revenue dollar figures were not diosclosed.=
5. Distribution – Technology as a Service: TD SYNNEX‘s technology as a service subscription options are now available to partners and their end-customers in the Republic of Ireland.
6. Channel Chief – SASE and SD-WAN: Expereo has hired Vodafone veteran Ben Elms as chief revenue officer.
7. LogMeIn CEO Transition: Private equity executive and former Quest Software CEO Mike Kohlsdorf will succeed Bill Wagner as CEO of LogMeIn. The CEO transition comes roughly 16 months after Francisco Partners and Evergreen Coast Capital acquired LogMeIn.
B. Channel Partner Summits, MSP Conferences and Virtual Events Calendar
- Citrix Field Kickoff 2022 (January 18-20, Virtual)
- Dynatrace Perform (February 7-11, Las Vegas)
- NerdioCon 2022 (February 21-23, Cancun, Mexico)
- ThreatLocker Zero Trust World 2022 (February 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- MWC Barcelona 2022 (February 28-March 3, Barcelona, Spain)
- ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
- Add Your Annual Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here for consideration.