Amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, the technology industry continues to lean heavily on virtual conferences rather than face-to-face events. Indeed, Big Top gatherings like Microsoft Ignite 2021, ServiceNow Knowledge 2021 and VMware VMworld 2021 (just to name a few) will remain "online only" this year.
But in some cases, "screen fatigue" has set in. Event organizers and attendees alike are itching to get back on the road -- assuming COVID-19 vaccinations truly kick-in and the pandemic quiets down.
Amid that hopeful mindset, some business and technology event organizers are preparing for face-to-face engagements in 2021. Assuming no pandemic-related setbacks, below is a sampling of face-to-face conferences currently listed on ChannelE2E's Global Event Calendar (submit your annual event to our calendar here.)
Face to Face Technology and Business Conferences 2021: A Sampling
1. April 15-16, New York: DigiMarCon East 2021, a digital marketing, media and advertising conference & exhibition.
2. April 26-27, Miami: eMerge Americas 2021, The conference serves global enterprises, disruptive technology businesses and startups. Previous events have attracted 16,000 attendees from more than 40 countries.
3. May 4-6, Portland, Oregon: ACA 2021, the angel investing conference from the Angel Capital Association.
4. May 11-14, Orlando, Florida: Robin Robins’ Big Seminar is sales and marketing event designed for MSPs, IT solutions providers and channel partners that are seeking to drive revenue.
5. May 31-June 2, Dubai, United Arab Emirates: GISEC 2021, the Gulf Information Security Expo & Conference, is a key cyber conference in the middle east.
6. June 28 - July 1, Barcelona, Spain: GSMA MWS 2021, also known as Mobile World Conference 2021 (MWC21), strives to return after being one of the first big pandemic-related cancelations in 2020. This typically is one of the world’s largest conferences and events for mobile, wireless, telecom and 5G service providers.
7. July 31-August 5, Las Vegas, Nevada: Black Hat USA, which is typically one of our favorite cybersecurity conferences of the year.
8. August 9-13, Las Vegas: HIMSS 2021, the global health information technology conference, is known worldwide by professionals in the vertical.
9. August 16-19, Orlando, Florida: Data Center World Conference 2021 is affiliated with the global AFCOM membership association.
10. September 23-25, Scottsdale, Arizona: The Big Big Conference 2021, from Taylor Business Group, is designed for MSP business owners.
11. September 27-30, Las Vegas:IWCE Conference and Expo 2021 is designed for communications service providers.
12. October 18-21, Las Vegas: NetSuite SuiteWorld is for customers and partners focused on the cloud ERP platform.
13. October 19-22, Las Vegas: Kaseya ConnectIT Global is designed for MSPs that leverage Kaseya's IT management and business automation software.
14. November 2-4, Santa Clara, California: IoT World 2021, which will focus on
- Developments in the IoT ecosystem to progress end-to-end IoT solutions
- Intersecting IoT with 5G, Edge and AI to progress digital transformation
- The applications of IIoT for industrial enterprise to adapt and win in the new normal
- Securing the IoT, now
15. November 9-10, San Jose, California: OCP Global Summit 2021, which focuses on the Open Compute Project (OCP) and open source-minded hardware for data centers.
16. December 7-10, Melbourne, Australia: Cisco Live 2021 resurfaces in Australia after the networking giant essentially halted face-to-face events for roughly a year.
17. December 12-16, Orlando, Florida: Avaya Engage 2021 is designed for unified communications as a service (UCaaS) partners and customers.
Note: Readers should check in directly with event organizers to check the most current status of each event.
All Virtual and Face-to-Face Technology Events: One Calendar
Admittedly, hundreds of face-to-face technology events remain in a holding pattern for 2021. ChannelE2E has spoken with numerous companies that are carefully watching the coronavirus pandemic, health advisories, and COVID-19 vaccination rollout. Readers should keep a close eye on late Q3 and all of Q4 2021. Quite a few technology companies may confirm face-to-face events for around that time, based on how the pandemic plays out.
As for me, I will likely wait until January 2022 to reconsider resuming my business travel based on health and vaccination data at that time.
Originally published February 4, 2021. Updated regularly thereafter.