Live Blog: Google Cloud Next 2018 Day One News
The massive Google Cloud Next 2018 conference, kicking off today, has attracted more than 20,000 attendees and partners. Keep checking this live blog throughout the day for Google Cloud Platform (GCP) news, partnerships and integrations.
14. Active Directory: itopia has extended on-premises Active Directory (AD) environments into Google Cloud Platform (GCP)-hosted AD. The company also announced new server-only deployment automation features.
13. Managed Services: Rackspace has launched new Customer Reliability Engineering (CRE) program and Rackspace Managed Security (RMS) – Proactive Detection and Response, and RMS – Compliance Assistance for GCP.
12. Machine Data Analytics: Sumo Logic has launched 11 new GPC applications as well as an integration with Google Cloud’s open source machine learning library, TensorFlow. The updates deliver real-time business, operational and security insights, the company claims.
11. Security: RedLock, a cloud threat defense specialist, has enhanced the RedLock Cloud 360 platform for GCP. Google Cloud Platform (GCP). It now supports GCP Flow Logs and GCP Orgs, improved compliance packs, and greater backing for other Google Cloud services such as Kubernetes.
10. Data Insights: Iron Mountain has developed AI-powered SaaS solutions on GCP to help organizations analyze physical and digital information and data repositories, to unlock insights, improve decision making and create new revenue streams. The company plans to launch three new subscription services this fall.
8. Cloud Network Analytics: Kentik, a network analytics specialist, now integrates with GPC, allowing customers to optimize network performance, security, and user experience, the company says.
7. GCP Cloud Cost Management: Cloudability‘s True Cost cloud management platform now supports Google Cloud Platform (GCP). Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure support were already in place.
6. GCP BetterCloud: BetterCloud, a SaaS Operations Management platform, has launched Activity-Based Alerts for Google Cloud. The offering is a real-time monitoring and reporting solution that bolsters SaaS security for enterprises running their businesses on G Suite applications, the company says. Activity-Based Alerts is now available for Google Cloud, Okta, Dropbox and the many other SaaS applications BetterCloud supports.
5. Cloud Networking: Arista Networks’ Any Cloud hybrid cloud networking platform is now available on Google Cloud Platform.
4. Partner of the Year – North America: SADA Systems has earned a 2017 Google Cloud North America Sales Partner of the Year award.
3. Partner of the Year – EMEA: g-company today announced that it has received the 2017 Google Cloud EMEA Sales Partner of the Year award.
2. GCP Partner – Enterprise Collaboration: Onix has achieved the Enterprise Collaboration Partner Specialization in the Google Cloud Partner Specialization Program.
1. Got News?: Send me your Google Cloud Next 18 conference news — Joe@AfterNines.com. We’ll keep your news tips in mind for our ongoing conference coverage.