ConnectWise IT Nation Connect 2018 kicks off on Wednesday. But MSP-related partner news has already surfaced ahead of the conference. Here are the highlights, themes and managed services trends before the show doors even open.
8. MSP Documentation Software: IT Glue is perhaps the best-known provider of MSP documentation software. But rivals are in the market. ITBOOST 3.0, for instance, will surface at the conference with a new user interface for MSPs and IT managers. On a somewhat similar note, Passportal has upgraded its Ocular + docs platform on the documentation management side of things. New integrations support ConnectWise Automate, Continuum RMM and NinjaRMM, CEO Colin Knox tells ChannelE2E.
7. Compliance Services: Compliancy Group is perhaps best known for its HIPAA-related guidance. But the company will also focus heavily on GDPR, NIST SP 800-171, and DoD manufacturing compliance in 2019. Th company now has roughly 20 to 25 employees, and recently expanded its offices on Long Island. Check in with CEO Marc Haskelson for more details.
6. MSP Dashboards, Talent: More than 2,900 MSPs now run ForzaDash, a business intelligence dashboard that supports ConnectWise and Kaseya systems. Moreover, ConnectWise and eFolder veteran Matt Nachtracb has joined FrozaDash’s board as an advisor. Watch for potential updates at the show...
5. System Discovery and Documentation, and Talent: Liongard, meanwhile, is another startup focused on MSP automation. The company's Roar platform automates the discovery, documentation, change detection, and assessment of various infrastructure configurations. Instead of competing with MSP documentation software, the Roar platform automates how content can be captured and moved into a documentation platform. Among the key recent moves: ConnectWise and eFolder veteran Adam Slutskin, CEO of MSP Quarterback, recently joined the company as an advisor.
4. Payment Automation: Solupay will demonstrate how its payment solutions platform integrates with ConnectWise Sell and ConnectWise Manage.
3. Cybersecurity Framework: Watch for ConnectWise CEO Arnie Bellini and several industry expects to discuss a cybersecurity framework for MSPs and technology solutions providers. The framework provides a blueprint from which partners can build their managed security services practices. It's also a Rosetta Stone of sorts -- providing a common language for MSPs and customers to discuss risk mitigation.
2. ChannelE2E-related Sessions: We're scheduled to moderate the following IT Nation sessions. Join us for these conversations:
- Thursday, 1:00 p.m. -- Panel - Key Starting Points for Managed Cybersecurity Success (Room: Orlando M)
- Friday, 8:30 a.m. -- Torch Talk: A Panel of Industry Insiders and Influencers (Room: Main Stage)
- Friday, 1:00 p.m. -- M&A -- To Sell or Not to Sell My Business -- What Are My Options? (Room: Celebration 1-2)
- Friday, 3:40 p.m. -- M&A -- How Thinking Like a Buyer Can Unlock Your True Business Value at Transition (Room: Celebration 1-2)
1. More: Got IT Nation news to share? Send me details ([email protected]).