BCM One is backed by private equity firm Thompson Street Capital Partners (TSCP) and serves more than 7,000 customers around the globe. The deal expands its existing managed hosted voice and unified communications offerings, as well as its national customer footprint, the company said.
With more than 28 years in the telecom industry, BCM One is no stranger to M&A plays. The company has acquired multiple MSPs and cloud firms, most recently buying up Siptrunk/Sip.us after partnering with TSCP to recapitalize its business.
BCM One Acquires Arena One: Executive Perspectives
The Arena One acquisition brings with it a proprietary Cisco BroadWorks solution, a carrier-grade platform optimized for performance and scale, with active geographical diversity to ensure reliable service with built-in business continuity, BCM One said.
Geoff Bloss, CEO of BCM One, commented:
“Adding the Arena One offering to our portfolio of services advances our next generation UCaaS offering, adding a solid BroadWorks platform. This acquisition allows us to further strengthen our UCaaS operations team of service delivery experts, voice engineers and overall technical expertise to support our growing client base.”
Dennis Arena, Founder & CTO of Arena One and Jerry Salvi, CEO of Arena One, also released a comment:
“BCM One is a great fit for us. Not only is there technology and services alignment, but their mission to provide a world-class experience with every human interaction supports our client-service centric approach and culture.”
Mergers & Acquisitions: MSPs and Comm Providers
There have been a number of M&A deals in the across the communications and MSP sectors in the last year. Key deals include:
- October 2019: RingCentral made an investment in Avaya while the two plan to develop a UCaaS solution.
- October 2019: Digerati Technologies, a UCaaS provider from San Antonio, Texas, acquired Miami-based Nexogy, Inc.
- February 2019: KonaTel, Inc, a Dallas, Texas-based wireless network service reseller purchased Apeiron Systems.
- December 2018: Momentum Telecom acquired Phoenix, Arizona-based CloudNet Group, a provider of cloud voice, mobility, SD-WAN, contact center, and other unified communications solutions.
- June 2018: SKC Communication Products bought GBH Communications, a unified communication and collaboration solutions provider.
- April 2018: UCaaS provider Mitel was bought up by private equity firm Searchlight Capital Partners for $2 billion in cash.
- March 2018: Germany’s Cancom re-entered the UK market through its acquisition of unified communication and collaboration provider Ocean Intelligent Communications.