Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, September 26, 2018.
Actually, there are eight timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
7. Distribution - MSP Software: Achab has agreed to distribute Auvik's network-centric RMM software in Italy. Also, Upstream is distributing Auvik's offerings in Scandinavia. The moves come a few months after Auvik opened a head office for EMEA (Europe, Middle East, and Africa) in Milton Keynes, UK, and hired EMEA managing director Scott Tyson.
6. Partner Program: Comm100 has launched a partner program for the company's live chat, knowledge base and ticketing solutions.
5. Salesforce Talent Shortage: What's driving merges and acquisitions in the Salesforce partner ecosystem? Perhaps the answer involves a Salesforce talent and skills shortage...
4. MSP Backup Services: The 20, an ecosystem of MSPs, has embraced Kaseya Unified Backup powered by Unitrends MSP. The 20 already runs Both Kaseya VSA and BMS for RMM (remote monitoring and management) and PSA (professional services automation) capabilities.
3. PSA and Google Cloud: Professional services automation (PSA) software provider VOGSY has announced a Global Partner Program for Google Cloud and G Suite advocates or domain experts to help professional services companies grow their businesses, the company says.
2. PSA for MSPs: Datto has unveiled Autotask PSA 2018.2, which features configurable ticketing and timekeeping functionality, a redesigned Client Portal homepage, and new contract visibility options. Datto CEO Austin McChord says the company's pace of PSA innovation continues to accelerate. Rival ConnectWise is expected to unveil PSA updates during the IT Nation conference in November.
1. From MSP to MSSP: Continuum CEO Michael George, as expected, on Tuesday unveiled a business plan guide to help MSPs transform into MSSPs. The guide and various Continuum strategic moves surfaced at the company’s Navigate 2018 conference in Boston. Complete coverage is here.