5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 09 January 2018
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, January 9, 2018.
Actually, there are 16 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
17. Channel Dictionary: The 2112 Group built one. Very nice.
16. Resignation: Lenovo North America Channel Chief Sammy Kinlaw has resigned to pursue an opportunity outside of the PC and hardware giant, a spokesperson has confirmed to ChannelE2E. Rob Cato will be interim NA Channel Chief, the hardware giant has confirmed.
15. Seagate Momentum: The storage hardware specialist increased its revenue forecast for the current quarterly, and reportedly invested in a crypto currency startup. Seagate’s stock surged about 7 percent yesterday on the reports.
14. GoPro Falls From the Sky: Apparently, even a great brand can’t save a company from dramatic market shifts coupled with bad business moves. GoPro’s stock fell 27 percent yesterday when the company announced weaker-than-expected quarterly results, layoffs and an exit from the drone market.
13. Samsung Warning: Apparently, Samung profits aren’t growing as quickly as some investors would like…
12. Fallen Unicorn: Practice Fusion, an electronic health records (EHR) software specialist, has been acquired. The company’s valuation once reached nearly $1.5 billion. But once the EHR hype settled down, Practice Fusion’s valuation plummeted. AllScripts paid just $100 million in cash to acquire the humbled startup.
11. Venture Capital Bubble?: Funding to billion-dollar companies hit an all-time high in 2017 but the number of venture-capital-backed exits hit its lowest point since 2011, according to PitchBook. Amid those two data points, is a venture capital bubble about to pop? Hmmm…
Continue to page two for items 10 to 1.