5 Channel Partner Updates: Thursday 02 November 2017
Good afternoon, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to end your day for Thursday, November 2, 2017.
Actually, there are 14 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
14. Breaking News: VMware has acquired SD-WAN specialist VeloCloud, the companies announced this morning.
13. Microsoft 365 Business: Yes, it’s available.
12. Channel Financing: GreatAmerica Financial Services Corp. has surpassed the $2 billion mark in assets. Moreover, the company has generated 25 consecutive years of uninterrupted organic growth.
11. Industrial IoT Monitoring: Bell and Howell has selected PTC ThingWorx for its connected industrial mechatronic machines.
10. RMM & Security: NinjaRMM has integrated Ivanti patch management into the company’s RMM (remote monitoring and management) platform for MSPs.
9. Cisco Partner Program: The networking giant announced partner program updates during Cisco Partner Summit 2017 yesterday. The bits and bites are here.
8. Big Private Clouds: IBM has announced a new IBM Cloud Private software platform to extend cloud-native tools across public and private clouds, the company asserts. It sounds somewhat similar to Microsoft Azure Stack for on-premises use.
7. Distribution – Network Monitoring: Networks Unlimited has agreed SevOne, a provider of digital infrastructure management solutions, for the Sub-Saharan region.
6. HIPAA Compliance: Compliancy Group‘s HIPAA compliance and security risk assessment software now addresses MIPS security risk analysis requirements for health care professionals, the company says. In other words, the solution takes care of the MIPS security risk analysis requirement of attestation, giving health care professionals one less thing to worry about as they meet upcoming MIPS and MACRA deadlines, Compliancy Group says.
5. Google Video Conferencing: Google wants to make it easier for businesses to start using its enterprise-focused chat platform Hangouts Meet by launching a new $1,999 kit that comes with all of the hardware necessary to get started, notes SiliconAngle.
4. More M&A?: Arcserve apparently is in the market to make more acquisitions. The company purchased Zetta (it was likely a fire sale deal) earlier this year and more buyouts could be coming, TechTarget suggests.
3. PSA and More?: Mavenlink has launched a new version of its Mavenlink Project Management and Resource Planning solution, available through AppExchange. The solution improves alignment, transparency, forecasting, and speed of execution in the sales and delivery of professional services. Mavenlink will demonstrate the solution at Dreamforce 2017.
2. MSP Funding: Onica, a fast-growing MSP focused on Amazon Web Services, has raised $20 million to fuel more growth…
1. MSPs Embrace ServiceNow: CustomTec, an MSP, has embraced the ServiceNow IT Service Management (ITSM) suite internally, according to ARN. And as ChannelE2E readers know, CareWorx recently built a customized ServiceNow offering that integrates with SolarWinds MSP. Are these ServiceNow wins isolated chatter — or is a larger MSP trend unfolding here?