Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, March 25, 2019.
Actually, there are 10 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and telco agents to sip on.
10. Private Equity - Avaya Buyout?: It sounds like a real possibility.
9. Staples for Sale -- Again?: Perhaps so.
8. IPO - Zoom Video Conferencing: Zoom, the video conferencing startup, has filed to go public. Founded in 2011 by a WebEx veteran, Zoom is profitable and had a $1 billion valuation as of 2017...
7. Quicken Price Increases: Quicken small business customers are bracing for potential cloud price increases based on their consumption levels of the accounting platform, Inc. notes. The new pricing model arrives April 10, and could shift pricing from $720 per year to $1,200 per year for heavy consumers of the service...
6. Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs): The Colorado Office of Economic Development and International Trade along with Governor Jared Polis are piecing together an Employee Ownership initiative to help simplify the process and reduce the cost of converting businesses to ESOP (employee stock ownership) models. ESOPs help to ensure all employees have a stake in the success of a business, but it also means employees take on the risk of a business valuation declining...
5. MSP Software and Artificial Intelligence: There are signs of progress but more work needs to be done.
4. Carbonite's Webroot Acquisition: The buyout will likely be finalized this week. Here's what MSPs should expect from Webroot under Carbonite's ownership.
3. Kaseya Conference: Kaseya Connect IT Global 2019 is confirmed for May 7-9 in Las Vegas. The conference typically attracts MSPs and IT professionals who leverage Kaseya's IT management and business automation tools. Among the confirmed guests and/or speakers: TruMethods CEO Gary Pica and Service Leadership Inc. CEO Paul Dippell, along with Kaseya CEO Fred Voccola.
1. Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs: We’ll unveil the 2019 list during our next webcast. Register now to join us live or to listen on-demand.