Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, May 21, 2018.
Actually, there are 12 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
12. Dell Earnings: The technology giant is expected to disclose quarterly earnings on June 4. Will we get an update on potential Dell-VMware merger scenarios? Hmmm...
11. IBM CEO Change?: IBM has denied a Business Insider report suggesting that the technology giant is seeking a successor for CEO Ginni Rometty.
10. Government Contract: The U.S. Intelligence Community has signed a six-year, multi-million dollar deal with Dell and Microsoft for Office 365 and Azure services along with related products, according to Microsoft.
8. Channel Partner Stats: How many channel partners are there in the world? Generally speaking, I've stopped guessing. But The 2112 Group offers this rather interesting spin on the situation.
6, Managed Services: Instaclustr has launched an Apache Kafka managed service to optimize high volume data streams in real-time. Apache Kafka is an open source project that supports distributed processing of continuous data streams . Public Safety Hack
5. Talent: U.K.-headquartered recruiting organization Datacenter People has formed a new executive search subsidiary, Portman Partners, to focus on C-level leadership and senior executive roles within the datacenter industry worldwide, Hunt Scanlon reports.
4. Talent - Departures: Chief Investment Officer Scott Peterson is the latest Digital Realty executive to exit the data center-centric real estate investment trust (REIT). Petersen will exit at the end of May, but will consulting for the company until February 2019. Also, Senior VP of Global Sales and Marketing Dan Papes is exiting in June 2018.
3. Talent - MSP Sales: Tampa, Florida-based MSP Vology has hired Mike Ehresman as VP of sales enablement. He reports to Chief Revenue Officer Dave Wirta.
2. M&A - Cybersecurity: Fishtech Group (FTG) is acquiring Haystax Technology, a security analytics and risk management solutions provider. Haystax will become a wholly owned entity under the FTG umbrella. MSSP Alert will share more details later today.