Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, January 25, 2019.
Actually, there are six timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and telco agents to sip on.
6. GDPR Compliance: When it comes to GDPR compliance, 59 percent of organizations report meeting all or most requirements, 29 percent expect to do so within a year, and 9 percent will take more than a year, according to Cisco's 2019 Data Privacy Benchmark Study.
5. GDPR and Privacy Complaints: Europe’s data protection regulators have received more than 95,000 complaints about possible data breaches, eight months after the adoption of GDPR, Reuters says.
4, McAfee Layoffs: Deja vu...
3. M&A - UK Cloud Services: Fintech specialist and loan management platform provider Anchor Computer Systems has completed the acquisition of the managed services business of VTG Cloud, Credit Strategy reports.
2. MSPs Need Multi-Cloud Management: Instead of betting on a single public cloud service, it looks like MSPs would be wise to offer multi-cloud management across both Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure – and perhaps even Google Cloud Platform. The evidence comes from this research report, which reveals that 58 percent of companies actively use at least two of the big three cloud services.
1. Last Call – Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs Survey: Participate in our survey here and your company could be honored among the world’s Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs. Deadline for participation is today (Friday, January 25, 2019).