5 Channel Partner Updates: Friday 21 September 2018
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, September 21, 2018.
Actually, there are eight timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
7. Docker Partner Conference: DockerCon Europe 2018, set for December, will include a partner day gathering.
6. $1 Million HIPAA Fine: Multiple Boston hospitals will pay HIPAA violation fines totaling nearly $1 million, the Office of Civil Rights (OCR) has announced. The violations involved patient records disclosed during the filing of an ABC television series.
5. SMB Managed Services: Uniserve, which develops unified communications solutions, has unveiled a range of managed services for small businesses with two to 20 employees.
4. Azure Managed Services: NetEnrich will discuss its Azure cloud managed services during the Microsoft Ignite 2018 conference next week in Orlando. Key points NetEnrich will cover include:
- 24×7 performance and scalability of customer workloads in Azure and on-premises; an effective and secure data strategy in Azure;
- fixed-cost migrations to Azure;
- proactive and ongoing optimization of customers’ Azure consumption as well as maintenance within a fixed monthly spend;
- modernization of workloads leveraging Azure Cloud Native Services; and
- enabled agility and collaboration in managing workloads in Azure by platform driven DevOps and TechOps services.
3. Partnership – PSA Software: Application provider Conga has confirmed a growing relationship with Kimble Applications, the PSA (professional services automation provider). Through the relationship, Kimble’s PSA software now allows customers to eSign statements of work (SOW) and other documents.
2. Big Events: Microsoft Ignite (Orlando) and Salesforce Dreamforce (San Francisco) are scheduled for next week. ChannelE2E will be tracking both conferences closely — especially with an eye toward Salesforce partners that are pursuing and/or navigating M&A opportunities.
1. MSP Conference: Continuum Navigate, the company’s conference for MSP partners, starts September 24 in Boston. It’s safe to expect the company to update its strategy across RMM (remote monitoring and management), BDR (backup and disaster recovery), NOC (network operations center) and help desk services. But most of all, watch for CEO Michael George to offer a detailed update on Continuum’s managed security services for MSPs. Webroot CEO Mike Potts may also surface at the conference. Webroot and Continuum have partnered closely on MSP security strategies for several years.