Blue Medora Expands Multi-Cloud Infrastructure Monitoring
While digital transformation projects push more companies to the cloud, those efforts often introduce network complexities. According to 451 Research, 69 percent of enterprises will have multi-cloud/ hybrid IT environments by 2019. That figure will continue to climb, I imagine.
Amid that reality, it’s a safe bet service providers and IT departments will be seeking unified management tools for multi-cloud environments. Blue Medora wants to answer that call for help.
The company recently announced a monitoring-integration-as-a-service (MIaaS) platform called BindPlane for Microsoft’s Azure Log Analytics. The offering is available through an early access preview in the Azure Marketplace. It streams health and performance data from the top 10 AWS services and delivers them in dashboards to the Azure Log Analytics service.
Blue Medora states that BindPlane provides seamless monitoring integration between Azure Log Analytics and public cloud resource endpoints. The offering currently includes 10 AWS services, but will soon also include Google Cloud Platform and IBM Cloud (the former SoftLayer).
Some key benefits of the platform, according to the company, include:
- Lower cloud costs: Customers can use their existing Azure Log Analytics solution to match cloud performance and price needs for individual applications.
- Saved time: Improves productivity of IT operations and DevOps teams by offloading expensive and non-core monitoring integration investments. Log Analytics users don’t need to invest time configuring, deploying and maintaining new AWS integrations.
- Reduced risk: Unified monitoring enables faster troubleshooting and eliminates management risks introduced by cloud sprawl.
- Seamless integration: Monitor AWS resources with Azure Log Analytics in a single pane of glass
- Services currently included: EC2, Elastic Container Service (ECS), RDS, S3, Redshift, DynamoDB, Lambda, Elastic Beanstalk, Elasticsearch, and Kinesis
- Dimensional data: Deep monitoring data based on expertise and enterprise knowledge base, imbued with relational visibility across the full IT stack. Extensive metrics, more than what’s available in Amazon CloudWatch.
- Operational dashboards: 10 pre-built custom dashboard templates deliver dimensional data in operational context for relational visibility.
In a recent blog post, Krishna Namburi from Blue Medora laid out some of the risks and complications of siloed monitoring systems. Namburi also explained several risks associated with various IT service delivery strategies including a lack of a defined responsible party for issues that arise.
Blue Medora’s mission is to advance delivering IT monitoring integration as a service. BindPlane currently integrates with several platforms including Datadog, New Relic, Signal FX and Wavefront. Blue Medora also has solutions for VMware and Oracle environments.
Amid the cloud and mobile waves, the flood of new monitoring tools and product extensions shows no signs of abating. We’ve been tracking new offerings from Splunk and Datadog, while upstarts like Sensu attract new funding.