5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 24 April 2018
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, April 24, 2018.
Actually, there are 12 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
12. Google Cloud Platform Revenues: The latest clues are here…
11. Data Centers: Cyxtera Technologies, which operates 50-plus data centers, has launched the Cyxtera Extensible Data Center (CXD) Platform. The software-powered data center architecture brings on-demand provisioning to a range of colocation and connectivity services. Initial platform offerings include:
- CXD Compute Nodes, an on-demand hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI) solution; and
- CXD IP Connect, for high-speed, redundant Internet connectivity.
10. IT Management: Accedian, a provider of end-to-end network performance, has launched SkyLIGHT PVX solution, a unified network and application performance management solution for enterprise and telecom customers.
9. Momentum: SAP announced upbeat results in the seasonally tough first quarter, saying it was gaining ground on competitors Salesforce and Oracle in the cloud and that its margin recovery was firmly on track, according to Reuters.
8. Stating the Obvious: Infosys, India’s second-biggest IT firm, plans to renew its focus on digital services as it looks to boost growth amid shrinking profit margins in its legacy business and rising competition from local and international rivals, Reuters says.
7. Distribution – Cloud Services: Tech Data has extended its StreamOne Cloud Marketplace to India. The provisioning, billing and end-user lifecycle management digital platform allows partners to manage SaaS, IaaS and PaaS services.
5. Talent: Channel leader career updates include…
- Lenovo has named Rob Cato as the company’s permanent North America channel chief, succeeding Sammy Kinlaw. The move comes as Lenovo attempts to rebound while rallying partners at the Lenovo Accelerate 2018 conference next month in Las Vegas.
- Fastly has hired Cisco Systems and OpenDNS veteran Dima Kumets as director of product management. The company develops an “edge” cloud platform to improve content delivery, image optimization, video streaming, and more.
- StorageCraft has hired ConnectWise, Xcellerate and IPED veteran Jeannine Edwards as senior director of channel marketing.
4. SolarWinds MSP Conference: The company’s Empower MSP conference for partners and customers is scheduled for May 15-16 in Amsterdam.
3. M&A – IT Services Rollup: MXLG Acquisitions Limited, an investment firm focused on UK-based IT service providers, has acquired SICL, an IT infrastructure and network specialist. We’ll share more details soon.
1. Breaking – Atlanta Ransomware Cleanup Costs: Atlanta has spent more than $2 million to recover from a ransomware attack. Two Top 100 MSSPs (namely, Secureworks and EY) — will be paid $650,000 and $600,000, respectively, to assist the recovery, according to reports. Stay tuned to MSSP Alert’s homepage for more details soon.