5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 20 February 2018
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, February 20, 2018.
Actually, there are 17 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
17. Weak iPhone Demand?: Weak OLED panel production at Samsung suggests iPhone X demand is weaker than pundits previously expected…
15. Distribution Part Two: Tech Data’s Maverick AV Solutions Business has greed to distribute Crestron SR, a next-generation Skype Room (SR) system offering, in the U.S. following its successful launch across Europe in 2017, the companies say.
14. Storage Automation: Tintri today unveiled Tintri Centralized Upgrade, which will enable customers to send out centralized upgrades of multiple Tintri storage systems across data centers with no disruptions, the company says.
13. Reality Check – Arista: In case you missed it, growing Cisco rival Arista Networks suffered a major haircut last week. Shares fell 16 percent amid concerns about the company’s cloud-centric offerings and ongoing legal war with Cisco. Still, Arista remains in growth mode. Revenues surged 42.7 percent in the company’s most recent quarter.
12. Data Center Expansion: CoreSite Realty has bought two acres of land in Chicago for $4.5 million to build a four-story, 175,000-square-foot data center, starting later this year or in early 2019, Crains reports. The site is about a mile from CoreSite’s existing data center at 427 S. LaSalle St., which is next to the Chicago Board of Trade.
- Cherwell Software has hired Ann Boyd as VP of corporate communications (Ann Boyd), Vineet Misra as VP of information systems and Matt Klassen as VP of product marketing.
- Cradlepoint has hired Marc Bresniker as VP of product management, and Pankaj Malhotra as SVP of engineering.
- Equinix has named Palo Alto Networks Veteran Oren Yehudai to oversee the company’s partner program in EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa).
Go to page two of two for items 10 to 1. We promise: No slideshows await you.