5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 17 October 2017
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, October 17, 2017.
Actually, there are nineteen timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look
19. Managed Big Data Services: MapR has launched managed services for the company’s Converged Data Platform. Available immediately, customers can focus on building a wide range of applications from analytics to machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI), while MapR manages the daily operations of the customer’s big data infrastructure from on-premises, across clouds and to the edge, the company says. MapR also is working with a range of third-party MSPs that support the company’s software.
18. Container Monitoring: Datadog has launched Live Container Monitoring, allowing partners and customers to track container health, resource consumption and deployments in real time. The monitoring capability was inspired by tools like htop and ctop, Datadog says. The company also offers integrations with Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, and other container technologies. Datadog is an emerging IT monitoring platform provider. The company typically competes vs. Cisco AppDynamics and New Relic.
17. IBM Earnings: The technology giant, which has been shrinking in recent years, is expected to announce quarterly financial results later today. Is this the quarter that IBM’s top-line revenues finally stabilize or grow for the first time in several years? Hmmm… We’ll be watching that story line, while also tracking the company’s strategic imperative revenues for cloud services, security, cognitive computing and more.
16. ServiceNow Earnings: The cloud-based IT service management platform provider is set to announce earnings later today. We’ll be listening closely for more partner program milestones. In recent quarters, some midsize and large MSPs have embraced ServiceNow for help desk ticketing and PSA-type functions.
15. Amazon AWS vs. Microsoft Azure Cloud Comparison: Microsoft has launched a cloud service comparison map, detailing Azure vs. Amazon Web Services in 13 sections. We’ll share more details soon. Although Azure is growing rapidly, AWS still dominates the public cloud IaaS market, according to Gartner.
14. Government Technology Paradox: First, the good news. The U.S. government is awarding more small business contracts. Now, the bad news for those trying to push into the government sector: Those growing small business wins are going to a fewer, more exclusive pool of small businesses, according to Deltek’s research…
13. Radio Shack Layoff Lawsuit: A group of former employees suing defunct RadioShack over botched mass layoffs urged a Delaware bankruptcy court Monday to shoot down the electronic retailer’s proposed Chapter 11 plan, saying it provides no information on how RadioShack will pay for the proposed class action if the laid-off workers prevail, according to Law360.
12. Retail IT Platform: SageNet, an IT solutions provider, is partnering with HP Enterprise and Zynstra to develop a convenience store IT platform. It’s built atop HPE’s ProLiant Easy Connect offering, according to Tulsa World.
11. IT Service Management: More than 700 customers and partners are attending Cherwell Software’s fifth annual Global Conference (CGC) this week in Colorado Springs, Colorado. The key focus: IT’s evolving role in business, and how future IT service management tools of the future will support those new business realities.
But wait. There’s more. Continue to page two for items 10 to 1.