5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 12 December 2017
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, December 12, 2017.
Actually, there are 17 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
17. Datto-Autotask Post Merger: Yes, the Datto-Autotask merger is now official. But I’ve said all along, the deal essentially involves Datto acquiring Autotask — with an emphasis on integrating technology under the Datto umbrella for an end-to-end MSP partner play. Two Autotask technology veterans have joined the Datto executive team, and it’s a safe bet integrated product roadmaps will emerge rapidly. I’d expect plenty of news at DattoCon 2018 in June (and sooner). What about Autotask Community Live 2018 in September? Understandably, Datto is still evaluating whether to move forward with that event, but I suspect the answer will arrive rapidly.
16. Talent Part One: Arlington Computer Products, a major IT solutions provider in Chicago, has hired HP veteran Scott Dunsire as president.
15. Talent Part Two: SevOne, which develops network and infrastructure management solutions for MSPs and CSPs, has hired Paul Ciesielski as chief revenue officer. He previously worked for AppDynamics, which was acquired by Cisco. SevOne has also hired JMTP Enterprises veteran Joe Ghattas as VP of sales and managing director for the EMEA region, and ExtraHop veteran Danny Smolders as VP of sales and GM, Asia Pacific.
14. Apple Coding for Kids: Apple is working with the City of Chicago to ensure all students has access to basic coding classes. The effort will reach roughly 500,000 Chicago students in 2018, and focuses on Apple’s Swift programming language.
13. IBM Layoffs?: Looks like IBM is getting ready to make some more targeted cuts…
12. Server Rebound?: Worldwide server revenue jumped 16 percent and shipments grew 5.1 percent in the third quarter of 2017 vs. 2016, according to Gartner. The findings suggest demand for higher-end servers has rebounded a bit — even as the global cloud services market squeezes on-premises sales of low-end servers.
11. Google Cloud MSPs: We told you yesterday that Google Cloud Platform is ramping up its MSP relationships. Amid that backdrop, Rackspace is pointing to multiple Google Cloud Platform customer wins…
But wait. There’s more. Continue to page two for the dramatic next chapter in the epic Star Wars saga… er, the conclusion of this blog.