5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 11 December 2018
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, December 11, 2018.
Actually, there are 12 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents, and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
12. Breaking – MSP Merger: CareWorx and Fully Managed Technology Inc., two top MSPs, are merging. Here are breaking details about the deal.
11. Huawei CFO Court Case: Huawei CFO Meng Wanzhou is expected to return to a Canadian court today. A judge is weighing arguments in the case, which involve Wanzhou allegedly violating U.S. trade sanctions against Iran. Prosecutors want Wanzhou to remain locked up before a potential transfer to the United States legal system. Defense attorneys want Wanzhou released on bail, claiming health issues and Canadian real estate holdings eliminate the risk that she will flea the country. Wanzhou apparently is battling cancer.
10. Distribution – Synnex Financial Results: Synnex expects Q4 fiscal 2018 revenue to be $5.5 billion to $5.6 billion, higher than an earlier forecast of $5.2 billion to $5.4 billion. The momentum includes the Synnex Technology Solutions division, as well as the Concentrix business — which is executing to plan on the integration of Convergys, the distributor indicated.
9. Funding & Partner Program: Botkeeper, which automates bookkeeping workflows through artificial intelligence, has raised $18 million in a Series A funding. The company also is developing a partner program. Botkeeper has nearly 1,000 direct clients, and over 100 accounting firm partners, Accounting Today reports.
8. Partner Program – Adobe: Global marketing technology agency TA Digital is now a Premier-level partner in the Adobe Solution Partner Program. TA Digital also announced an Adobe Analytics Specialization less than two weeks ago.
7. Free SAP Cloud Access: SAP is offering partners free access to the SAP Cloud Platform. Partners gain testing, demonstration and development licensing services.
6. Device as a Service: Avaya has announced aDevice as a Service (DaaS) offering that allows businesses to purchase the company’s latest smart desktop devices on a monthly subscription basis. DaaS payment options span the Avaya Vantage portfolio, the Essential Experience J100 series portfolio of IP Phones, and the Avaya B109, B179, and B189 conferencing devices. Payment options now include up front, financed, and subscription approaches that span one, three and five-year terms. We’re checking to see how Avaya’s partner program is evolving to align with the DaaS financial model.
5. Managed Storage Services: Maintech, a provider of enterprise-wide IT Infrastructure Managed Services and Data Center Support and Management, has expanded its Storage Support Managed Services globally. How? The company now manages all customer and partner accounts of TUSA. We’re checking to see if that means Maintech acquired TUSA’s customer base.
4. Layoffs – Cryptocurrency: The latest cryptocurrency trend can be explained in one word: Layoffs.
3. Diversity – Private Equity: Datto parent Vista Equity Partners has launched the Vista Frontier Fellows program. The internship program is designed to build a pipeline of highly-qualified women and diverse candidates from colleges and universities around the United States. Interns will gain a meaningful and challenging summer experience and have the opportunity to earn an offer of employment at the conclusion of the program, Vista says.
2. M&A – Digital Agency: Cognizant has acquired Mustache, a privately-held creative content agency based in Brooklyn, New York. Cognizant is a global IT consulting firm and custom software developer. Mustache develops video content and programming for its clientele.
1. M&A – IT Staffing: Addison Group, a professional services firm, has acquired Mondo, a New York City-based professional staffing firm specializing in IT and digital marketing. We’ll share more details soon.