5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 05 June 2018
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, June 5, 2018.
Actually, there are 11 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
11. Microsoft-GitHub Concerns: Amid Microsoft’s $7.5 billion buyout of GitHub, some critics worry Microsoft’s closed-source history will threaten the online developer community’s open-source DNA. Memo to the critics: Current Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella is not to be confused with former CEO Steve Ballmer…
9. Facebook Pages and GDPR: If you manage a Facebook fan page, you’re apparently responsible for GDPR-related privacy compliance. Hmmm…
7. Partner Program: Aparavi, a startup that develops SaaS-based active archive solutions, has unveiled the Aparavi Advantage Program for service providers. It’s designed to help partners “solve customers’ ever-increasing data management challenges,” Aparavi says.
6. Partner Program: API specialist Jitterbit has launched a partner program for SaaS and platform providers, system integrators, and resellers to “deliver enterprise integration at a rate and pace so far unparalleled in the industry,” the company claims.
5. IT Management: SolarWinds has updated its SaaS-based IT management products — including AppOptics, Pingdom, Papertrail, and Loggly. IT professionals and DevOps teams gain more “visibility across both cloud infrastructure and applications to simplify full-stack monitoring…and enable a more integrated user experience for customers using more than one product,” the company claims.
4. M&A – PCs: Sharp is acquiring Toshiba’s PC business for a scant $36 million — showing just how far Toshiba’s star had fallen in the laptop market.
3. M&A – MSSPs: Calian Group, a Canadian company that provides information technology, engineering and other professional services, has acquired MSSP Secure Technologies International (STI) for an undisclosed sum.
2. M&A – Data Centers: IT infrastructure provider Immedion LLC has acquired Data Cave, a data center in Columbus, Indiana. Financial terms were not disclosed. The 86,400-square-foot facility expands Immedion to eight data centers in seven markets.
1. Private Equity & MSPs: H.I.G. Capital, a private equity firm, has invested in Eze Castle Integration (ECI), a well-known MSP focused on financial service firms, including global asset managers, investment firms, and investment banks. We’ll share more details soon.