5 Channel Partner Updates: Thursday 21 June 2018
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, June 21, 2018.
Actually, there are 25 (oh my) timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
25. Political Pressure: Some Republican and Democratic U.S. lawmakers have asked Google to reconsider its work with Chinese telecommunications firm Huawei Technologies, which they described as a security threat, Reuters says. Huawei has denied such accusations.
24. Japan Late to GDPR Compliance: Around a quarter of Japanese businesses have made progress on meeting some of the easier requirements under Europe’s new data privacy regulations while about another 20 percent plan to do so, a Reuters poll found.
23. Big Data Lawsuit: SAP SE, Europe’s most valuable technology company, was sued on Wednesday by U.S. company Teradata, which accused SAP of stealing trade secrets, copyright infringement and anti-trust violations. Teradata alleges that SAP used the information to illegally build HANA, Reuters says.
22. Rackspace Services: Rackspace has partnered with HP Enterprise to launch a Private Cloud-as-a-Service (PCaaS) powered by VMware, with pay per use infrastructure. Cloud resources are located and managed from wherever they are needed: In the customer’s data center, a colocation facility, or in a data center managed by Rackspace. A related Rackspace-HPE partnership supports Kubernetes-as-a-Service with pay per use infrastructure in a private cloud environment.
20. M&A: Eurofins Digital Testing, a provider of end-to-end quality assurance and testing services, has acquired Insite Security — a cybersecurity services provider. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
19. Kaseya & Datto Integration: Kaseya’s appliance-based cloud backup platform (Unitrends MSP) now integrates with Datto’s Autotask PSA. The integration allows Autotask PSA users to manage their Unitrends MSP appliances in a single dashboard.
18. TitanHQ & Datto Partnership: TitanHQ and Datto are partnering to integrate cloud-based web security and filtering into existing and future products within the Datto Networking product line, the two companies say. The services are immediately available in the Datto Networking Appliance, a cloud-managed security appliance with integrated 4G LTE failover WAN service.
17. Acronis & ConnectWise: Acronis Data Cloud features new integrations with ConnectWise Manage and ConnectWise Automate. ConnectWise MSPs can to sell, provision, and monitor Acronis Data Cloud services.
16. Sales Proposals & Customer Credit Applications: QuoteWerks, a sales proposal and quoting system widely used by IT service providers, has an upgraded integration with GreatAmerica Financial Services. In addition to being able to calculate monthly payments and add them to quotes and proposals, users will now be able to submit customers for credit approval to help streamline the sales process, the companies say.
15. Talent: Network and telecom consulting expert Tom Nolle has joined 128 Technology‘s technical advisory board. The company specializes in Session Smart routing. I’ve known Nolle since around 1992 when I worked at InformationWeek, and quoted him regularly about major trends in the IT networking market.
14. Talent: IBM veteran Dan Beer is now senior VP of Aurea Software‘s newly created SMB solutions division. An associated channel push is on the way…
13. Talent: Workspace as a Service platform provider CloudJumper has named Drew Walz as CTO to oversee product/services strategy and development. Also, independenceIT veteran Michael Walsh is now CloudJumper’s COO.
12. Talent: NTT DATA Services is promoting Bob Pryor to CEO, effective July 1. Current CEO John McCain will shift to executive chairman at that time. Pryor, who has been with NTT DATA since 2016 and most recently served as COO since April 2017, will be responsible for overseeing NTT DATA Services’ business operations and driving growth and innovation in digital, cloud and security, the company says.
11. Partnership: Gigamon and FireEye have inked a strategic partnership to improve threat defenses across their customers’ security infrastructures, the company’s say. The alliance offers customers FireEye Network Security combined with the GigaSECURE Security Delivery Platform to address threat protection.
Continue to page two of two for items 10 to 1 on today’s list