5 Channel Partner Updates: Monday 17 June 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, June 17, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- What We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
B. Freshly Brewed News and Chatter
1. BDR Company For Sale?: A niche BDR (backup and disaster recovery) company in the SMB market is exploring a potential company sale and pursuing bids for the business, according to sources close to the organization. We’re poking around for more details regarding potential bidders and estimated valuation.
2. DattoCon News, Analysis and Rumors: All the live coverage is right here.
3. M&A – IT Services: Hexaware Technologies, an India-based IT consulting firm, has acquired digital applications solutions provider Mobiquity for roughly $182 million.
4. Private Equity Concerns?: Looks like private equity firms increasingly leverage debt and credit — and that has some pundits concerned.
6. Forecast – AWS Managed Services: The global market for AWS managed services will generate a 15.4 percent compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2019 through 2026, according to this market research. Track the Top 100 Public Cloud MSPs (including AWS leaders) here.
7. AI and Advertising – Deloitte: Heat, a digital advertising agency owned by Deloitte, has launched Heat AI, a practice that leverages artificial intelligence and machine learning to discover online trends and conversations that are predicted to grow in popularity 72 hours before they peak. The service is 70 percent accurate, Deloitte says.
8. Talent – Compensation Concerns?: Employers are overpaying to recruit talent to their businesses, Gartner asserts.
9. Talent – IBM Blockchain Setbacks: The company has reportedly lost some key talent, according to Modern Consensus.
10. Service Management: ServiceMax’s cloud-based service management platform now has 200 million assets under management, the company says.
C. Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Oracle Global Systems Integrators: Oracle is collaborating with Accenture and Capgemini to address the hype and confusion around the Customer Data Platform (CDP) market, the companies say. Key focus areas include Oracle CX Unity, which provides real-time insights based on online, offline and third-party customer data sources.
2. Data Protection: Titus, a provider of data protection solutions and a Blackstone portfolio company, is moving to a completely channel-driven sales model with the launch of a new partner program. The program is designed for security-focused partners selling cloud access security brokers (CASBs), data loss prevention (DLP) solutions and next-generation firewalls (NGFWs).
4. AI and ServiceNow: DotWalk is building a global partner network to deliver AI-powered test generation to ServiceNow customers.
D. Next Five Technology Conferences
- DattoCon19 (June 17-19, San Diego, California)
- HP Enterprise Discover (June 18-20, Las Vegas)
- LogicMonitor Level Up (June 24-26, Austin, Texas)
- Microsoft Inspire (July 14-18, Las Vegas)
- IT By Design Build IT (July 14-16, Jersey City, New Jersey)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].