5 Channel Partner Updates: Monday 05 February 2018
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, February 5, 2018.
Actually, there are 12 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
12. 5G Wireless: Sprint plans to launch a 5G network in early 2019. Current smartphones can leverage the faster network speeds, but pundits think next-generation smartphones along with IoT devices and autonomous cars will take advantage of the technology. Many of the major carriers are preparing 5G rollouts across the U.S.
10. Talent – Amazon Web Services: Amazon has hired HP Enterprise veteran Andy Isherwood, to run AWS operations in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA), The Register reports.
9. Google Cloud Revenues: Google Cloud Platform now generates $1 billion in quarterly revenues. Impressive but it’s less than one-fifth of AMazon’s $5.11 billion in quarterly revenues…
8. VMware-Dell Reverse Merger Chatter?: Here’s VMware’s official statement, by the way.
7. M&A – Done Deal: Cisco has completed its buyout of BroadSoft, pushing the company deeper into telecom-oriented software platforms.
6. M&A – Cloud Spending Management: Apptio has acquired Digital Fuel, a cloud spending management tool provider, for $42.5 million.
5. M&A – MSPs: Business Technology Partners (BTP) has merged with Responsible Computing Solutions (RCS), an MSP in Summit, New Jersey. RCS CEO Michael Achey has joined BTP as a technical account manager, the companies have confirmed.
4. M&A – Government IT Services: On Assignment has acquired ECS Federal, a large government IT services provider, for $775 million. We’ll share more details soon.
2. PSA Software Momentum: Kimble Applications has moved into a larger headquarters in the United Kingdom. The company’s PSA (professional services automation) software, which works with Salesforce.com, has been gaining momentum with a range of adopters.
1. Business Debt Warning: The number of defaults by heavily indebted corporates could rise significantly amid tightening credit conditions, according to S&P Global Ratings. Just sayin’…