5 Channel Partner Updates: Friday 16 August 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, August 16, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
B. Freshly Brewed News and Chatter
1. MSP Software: What are revenues for Barracuda MSP‘s Managed Workplace, the recently acquired RMM software platform? We’ll share clues soon.
2. Funding – 100 Startups: A new venture capital fund called 100X.VC plans to invest in 100 start-ups within one year. Meanwhile, I’m struggling to evaluate one good angel investment per month…
C. Channel Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances: MSPs, CSPs, ISVs, VARs
1. Cloudflare IPO Filing – Small Partner Program: Poke around the Cloudflare IPO filing and you’ll notice that only 9 percent of the company’s revenues come from channel partners — though the partner revenue figure in actual dollars is growing. Still, there’s no mention of MSPs or MSSPs in the filing, though Cloudflare has a partner program for such service providers.
2. Microsoft Azure Expert MSP: NTT Data Services is now a Microsoft Azure Expert MSP. Key capabilities include including cloud advisory services, application modernization and migration, advanced service management techniques, and continual improvement methodologies for Azure clients.
D. Next Five Technology Conferences
- VMware VMworld (August 25-29, San Francisco)
- Ingram Micro IoT Summit (September 4-5, Irvine, California)
- SolarWinds Empower MSP (September 4-5, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Taylor Business Group Big Big 2019 Conference (September 12-14, Chicago)
- Oracle OpenWorld 2019 (September 15-19, San Francisco)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: Joe@AfterNines.com.