5 Channel Partner Updates: Friday 15 June 2018
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, June 15, 2018.
Actually, there are eight timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
8. Database Market Share: Oracle is losing database market share to Amazon and Microsoft, according to analysis from J.P. Morgan. A CIO survey reveals that businesses are increasingly shifting their database dollars toward Microsoft SQL Server and Amazon, among others. Oracle is currently in a quiet period. The company is expected to announce quarterly results next week.
7, Layoffs: Broadcom has laid off about 1,100 employees across its businesses to cut costs after its merger with Brocade Communications Systems.
6. AWS and Kubernetes: The MapR Data Platform now supports Amazon Elastic Container Service for Kubernetes (Amazon EKS). As a result, MapR “makes it easy for organizations to adopt and manage their data seamlessly on-premises and on Amazon Web Services (AWS), ensure end-to-end security, and protect containerized applications with advanced replication, snapshots, and mirrors,” the company claims.
5, AWS Partner: Cloud solutions provider Onix is now collaborating with Amazon Web Services (AWS) to offer enhanced, targeted solutions for clients across the United States and Canada, the company says.
4. Business Continuity: StorageCraft this summer plans to release a unified primary, secondary and cloud storage product with the ability to set policies on data that automate backup, data protection, performance and privacy, according to ComputerWeekly.
3. Talent: Hostway has hired Zenoss and EMC veteran Patrick Emerson as SVP, worldwide sales. Emerson will lead Hostway’s global field sales and channels organizations. He previously tripled channel sales at Zenoss.
2. M&A – IT Solutions Provider: Nutmeg State Financial Credit Union has acquired DaLand Solutions, a provider of technology and professional services to credit unions nationwide. We’ll share more details soon.
1. Conferences: We’re set to attend ConnectWise Automation Nation 2018 and DattoCon18 next week in Florida and Texas, respectively. We’ll also be tracking HP Enterprise Discover 2018 in Las Vegas. Got news to share from one or more of those conferences? Please email me the info: [email protected].