5 Channel Partner Updates: Friday 12 July 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, July 12, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
B. Freshly Brewed News and Chatter
1. M&A – MSPs: Blue Line Technologies has acquired the Managed Services Operations Division of Converged Communications Technologies, a Concord, North Carolina-based provider of voice and data center cabling services. Financial terms were not disclosed.
2. M&A – Public Safety Applications: Motorola Solutions has acquired WatchGuard Video, a mobile video solutions specialist that designs and manufactures in-car video systems, body-worn cameras, evidence management systems and software. Its solutions enable law enforcement users to capture, manage, store and share high-quality video evidence. Financial terms were not disclosed.
4. Talent – Accenture: The global IT consulting and professional services firm has named Julie Sweet as its next CEO.
- Drew Williams joins as Synoptek’s new chief information security officer and director of security services;
- Debbie Zelten joins as director of application development and business intelligence; and
- Joey Lei joins as its new director of service management.
6. Professional Services Automation (PSA) Software: Krow Software has updated its PSA software for the Salesforce CRM cloud platform. Krow’s latest release features new survey capabilities; Gantt-related project management tools; configurable project status reports; project task scheduling enhancements and more.
C. Channel Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances: MSPs, CSPs, ISVs, VARs
1. Microsoft Partner Program: A lengthy list of Microsoft partner program updates surfaced ahead of the company’s Microsoft Inspire 2019 conference next week in Las Vegas. Nevertheless, some partners are still upset about Microsoft’s plan to end certain software and cloud perks for partners.
2. Microsoft Azure Cloud Migrations: DXC Technology has launched a global Microsoft Azure Digital Transformation Practice to accelerate client migrations to Microsoft’s public cloud services. Moreover, DXC has continued to scale its Microsoft Dynamics 365 consulting practice through such targeted acquisitions as Eclipse, Sable37, eBECS, Luxoft and the service business of EG A/S.
3. Managed Cloud Services: Rackspace and Tech Mahindra have inked a strategic partnership. The deal involves cross-selling opportunities, joint product and services offerings, and improvements to Rackspace’s internal business applications and processes, the companies say.
4. Optical Networks: Champion ONE, a supplier of open optical network solutions, has launched Channel ONE, a new global partner program.
D. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Microsoft Inspire (July 14-18, Las Vegas)
- IT By Design Build IT (July 14-16, Jersey City, New Jersey)
- Datadog Dash (July 16-17, New York)
- CompTIA ChannelCon (August 5-9, Las Vegas)
- VMware VMworld (August 25-29, San Francisco)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].