Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, February 2, 2018.
Actually, there are 15 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
12. Wage Growth: U.S. hiring was solid in January as the unemployment rate hovered at its lowest level in 17 years and wage growth picked up to its strongest pace since the recession, The Wall Street Journal says.
11. Hiring: The U.S. information technology (IT) sector posted modest job gains to start 2018, but hiring for core technology positions was strong in other industries, according to CompTIA.
6. MSP Platforms:The Tech Tribe, an MSP peer group organization with roughly 220 members, has selected Auvik Networks as a preferred vendor. Auvik has been gaining momentum in the network RMM (remote monitoring and management) sector.
5. MSP Software:Kaseya BMS — a PSA platform — now integrates Xero’s accounting software for small businesses.
4. M&A – Managed WordPress Services: Liquid Web, which provides managed hosting services to SMBs and web professionals, has acquired iThemes, which develops such WordPress plugins as BackupBuddy, iThemes Security Pro, multiple site management Sync and iThemes Sales Accelerator.
2. M&A – Data Centers Part Two: NTT Com has exercised its option to purchase the remaining shares of RagingWire and acquire 100% ownership of the company. As part of this investment, NTT Com named RagingWire its Americas data center platform responsible for NTT Com’s data center business in the United States, Canada, Latin America, and South America under the global Nexcenter brand, the companies said.
1. Milestones: We’ve got a few updates to share from Infrascale, the data protection company focused on MSPs. Stay tuned for more details…