5 Channel Partner Updates: Friday 01 June 2018
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, June 1, 2018.
Actually, there are nine timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on.
9. IBM Layoffs (Finally) Confirmed: Roughly a week after rumored job cuts, IBM has finally confirmed a “small percentage” of workforce cuts involving the Watson Health business. IBM in recent years has repeatedly failed to communicate layoff information. The company’s lack of timely communication has triggered skepticism in the press each time IBM crows about its hiring plans in growth markets.
8. VMware Earnings: VMware’s revenue for the first quarter was $2.01 billion, up 14 percent from the first quarter of fiscal 2018. Earnings and revenues both beat Wall Street’s expectations amid surging demand for the company’s network and storage virtualization technologies.
7. Workday Earnings: Workday’s revenue for the first quarter of fiscal 2019 was $618.6 million, up 28.9 percent from the first quarter of the previous year. The cloud business application provider’s revenues and income beat Wall Street’s expectations.
6. Simple Business Analytics: Amazon QuickSight, a cloud-powered business analytics service, now features pay-per-session pricing.
5. Public Cloud Shakeout?: Gartner dropped eight IaaS vendors from its latest Magic Quadrant…
4. M&A – Data Centers: Iron Mountain has acquired the EvoSwitch data center business for $235 million, gaining entry to the Amsterdam market, one of Europe’s major connectivity hubs, Data Center Frontier notes.
3. M&A – MSPs: Green House Data, a cloud-centric MSP, has merged with Infront Consulting Group, an IT consulting firm specializing in Microsoft application and Microsoft Azure solution design, automation, and deployment. We’ll share more details soon.
1. Next Week: ChannelE2E is attending SAP Sapphire Now in Orlando and TruMethods Schnizzfest 2018 in Philadelphia. If you’d like to potentially meet at one of those conferences please email me ([email protected]). PS: Business education from TruMethods CEO Gary Pica and CTO Bob Penland make Schnizz one of my favorite MSP-oriented gatherings of the year.