5 Channel Partner Updates: 5 October 2016
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, October 5, 2016.
Actually, there are 14 entries for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
14. Example MSP Sales Compensation Plans: Need an example MSP sales compensation plan? You’ll find two examples here (ChannelE2E registration required).
13. Ingram Micro Gaining IT Outsourcing Sister?: HNA Group is buying Pactera Technology — a Chinese IT outsourcing firm — for $676 million in cash. The interesting twist: HNA Group also is expected to operate Ingram Micro later this year, assuming Ingram’s $6 billion sale to Tianjin Tianhai receives regulatory approval. HNA Group is a subsidiary ofTianjin.
12. Twitter Bids Due This Week: Twitter is expecting buyout bids from multiple suitors this week. Potential buyers may include Disney, Google and Salesforce, according to multiple reports.
11. Security Partnerships: IBM and Carbon Black have inked an endpoint security partnership to accelerate threat mitigations for customers. Also, Unisys and ServiceNow have partnered to introduce new security offerings for the ServiceNow Enterprise Cloud platform.
10. New Relic APM: New Relic, the application performance management (APM) specialist, is helping retail customers to prepare for Black Friday web traffic spikes. Here in the United States, Black Friday (set for Nov. 25) is one of the heaviest online shopping days of the year. New Relic and rival AppDynamics also will host their respective customer conferences in November.
9. SolarWinds APM: The latest SolarWinds Server and Application Monitor (SAM) offering allows customers to monitor Windows and Linux systems — whether they’re on-premises or in the cloud. SolarWinds mainly positions SAM for corporate IT departments. But there are signs that the SolarWinds MSP roadmap, coming in November, will gradually gain some of the company’s corporate IT products as well.
8. HubStor MSP Partner Program: HubStor Inc., a developer of data-aware searchable cloud storage for business, has formally launched a partner program for MSPs and cloud solutions providers. The program mainly targets Microsoft partners.
7. Egnyte Embraces Microsoft Azure: Egnyte, which offers enterprise-class file sync and sharing services, has named Microsoft Azure as its primary public cloud destination. The potentially allows MSPs to introduce recurring revenue programs that extend from Egnyte’s offerings to Azure workloads.
6. A Logicalis U.S. Memo to CIOs: For CIOs who fear or don’t quite understand the value of MSPs, Logicalis offers up this information. We’ll share more thoughts on this pretty soon…
5. Synoptek and Equinix: Synoptek, the private equity owned MSP, is working more closely with Equinix. The result is a global managed performance hub, the two companies say. Equinix has expanded its partner program over the past year, and the company’s global network provides secure connections to multiple public clouds and data centers.
4. Network Monitoring, Management: Arrow’s Prism OneView remote monitoring and management solution now supports the Applied Voice & Speech Technologies (AVST) CX-E platform. The net result: Customers gain a single pane of glass to monitor and manage the performance of all of their technologies — from Avaya, Microsoft, Cisco, and now AVST, the companies assert.
3. Partner Program Updates: Today’s updates include…
- Dscoop has launched a Global Partner Program, which led by Craig Hath. Dscoop is an independent community of HP Graphic Arts business owners and technical professionals who use HP Indigo, Scitex, High-End Latex and PWP equipment.
- eFolder has made a major hire on the sales and business development front. We’ll share more details before noon ET today.
- Salesforce has unveiled partner program enhancements — which are designed mainly for “app innovators and consultants.” We’ll share more thoughts soon.
- StorageCraft has launched a new global partner program with multiple tiers. We’ll be back with analysis soon.
2. Wells Fargo Scandal Impacts Small Businesses: The Wells Fargo sales scandal wasn’t limited to consumers. Roughly 10,000 small businesses also were victimized, according to Reuters. Sen. David Vitter, a Louisiana Republican, is demanding more information from the financial services giant. Vitter is a member of the U.S. Senate’s banking committee and also heads its small business committee, Reuters noted.
1. Upcoming Channel Partner Events: We’re set to attend Dell EMC World (Oct. 18-20) and Cisco Partner Summit (Nov. 1-3) over the next few weeks. We’ll be tracking half-a-dozen additional events during that period as well. For more on upcoming channel partner events and summit, check out the ChannelE2E Technology Event Calendar.