5 Channel Partner Updates: 21 September 2016
Welcome to page 2 of today’s update. Here’s the rest of our lineup:
10. Cyber Security Insurance Tax Credit?: Imagine if your business earned tax credits for purchasing data breach insurance and implementing a widely respected cybersecurity framework. A House of Representatives member is piecing together that type of proposal, though it’s unclear if law makers will fully embrace the idea, Law360 reports.
9. Cyber Security Report: The latest Webroot Quarterly Threat Trends report surfaced today. Although the number of overall malware encounters is decreasing, malware attacks are more sophisticated and short-lived than ever before, the report says.
8. Security Partner Program: ReSec Technologies, a security specialist has launched a North America partner program. The company has an established partner network in EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa). Tomer Eisner, VP of global sales and business development, is driving the international partner initiative.
7. HP Innovation: HP Labs, owned by HP Inc., turns 50 this year. The company is hosting a celebration on Sept. 27 to mark the anniversary — and potentially unveil some new innovations.
6. Facebook Hardware Strategy: Facebook has acquired Nascent Objects, a small hardware startup that will help the social media giant to more rapidly prototype hardware products…
5. SMB Payment Processing: HeroPay, a Los Angeles-based startup, has launched a portal that allows small businesses to shop for and compare multiple payment processing options.
4. Massive Service Desk Contract: ASM Research, an Accenture Federal Services Company, has won a contract from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to support the National Service Desk (NSD). The NSD is a key component of the Department’s MyVA strategy for improving VA employee experience across the enterprise, ASM says. The contract has a nine-month, $36.5 million base period with three, one-year options. The contract value is capped at $286 million.
2. Five Years?: Has it really been five years since Summit Partners acquired Continuum? Yes indeed. We’ll retrace some of the milestones ahead of the company’s Navigate 2016 conference next week. Stay tuned.
1. Join Us Tomorrow (Thursday): That’s when we’ll host our next webcast. The top: Sales Compensation Plans for 2017. Our guests include Service Leadership CEO Paul Dippell and Compensation Consultant Teanna Spence. Register now.