5 Channel Partner Updates: 21 November 2016
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, November 21, 2016.
Actually, there are 11 entries for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
11. See You In Vegas?: ChannelE2E is set to attend Ingram Micro ONE and Amazon re:Invent the week of Nov. 28 in Las Vegas. If you’d like to potentially meet please email me ([email protected]).
10. Automation Talent: Puppet has hired CFO Mark Iserloth. Yup, he’s got previous IPO experience. Businesses and service providers embrace puppet to automate DevOps, security and cloud practices.
9. Security IPO: Optiv Security Inc., which is majority owned by Blackstone Group LP, filed with U.S. regulators for an initial public offering of its common stock on Friday, Reuters reported.
8. Data Center Chip M&A: Analog chipmaker Macom Technology Solutions is buying Applied Micro Circuits for about $770 million to expand its data center connectivity business. Macom CEO John Croteau said: “This transaction will accelerate and expand MACOM’s breakout opportunity in Enterprise and Cloud Data Centers. MACOM will now be able to provide all the requisite semiconductor content for optical networks — analog, photonic and PHY – from the switch to fiber for long haul, metro, access, backhaul and Data Center. AppliedMicro’s 100G to 400G single-lambda PAM4 platform should perfectly complement MACOM’s leadership in analog and photonic components for Data Centers.”
7. Software M&A: Perforce Software has acquired Seapine Software, which specializes in application lifecycle management (APM). Perforce focuses on version control and source code management. Financial terms were not disclosed.
6. Telecom M&A: The FCC has approved Verizon’s buyout of XO Communications‘ fiber business. The $1.8 billion deal, announced in February 2016, potentially strengthens Verizon’s footprint in the data center interconnection market. Verizon also is striving to sell its own data center business, and a deal in that area is expected before the New Year.
5. Apple iPhone 6 Batteries: Apple is offering free iPhone 6 battery replacements for customers who experience unexpected smartphone shutdowns.. Despite Apple’s best attempts, the company failed to match Samsung’s spontaneous combustion smartphone feature.
4. Kaseya Growth: Kaseya CEO Fred Voccola says the MSP software company is in rapid growth mode again. What are the growth figures? We’re share a few of them later today.
3. Microsoft Azure Cloud Management: Microsoft has unveiled Azure Advisor, a “personalized recommendation engine that provides proactive best practices guidance for optimally configuring your Azure resources.”
2. Earnings: Watch for earnings this week from…
- Monday, Nov. 21: Brocade Communications and Palo Alto Networks. (Note: Although Broadcom is acquiring Brocade, I believe Brocade will still disclose financials Tuesday.)
- Tuesday, Nov. 22: HP Enterprise, HP Inc. and Tech Data.
We’ll offer some earnings insights from each company if we spot anything interesting…
1. Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs: Seen the list? Find that and more here.
More: Read all of our daily 5 Channel Partner Updates. Plus: Subscribe to our daily enewsletter. Thanks to those who already have.