Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, June 7, 2017.
Actually, there are 10 updates for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
9. Kaspersky vs. Microsoft:Kaspersky Lab has filed antitrust complaints against Microsoft in Europe, accusing the company of making it more difficult to run Kaspersky antivirus software in Windows 10 and favoring a Microsoft-built alternative, according to The Seattle Times. Only a few weeks ago CEO Eugene Kaspersky suggested that the company was less likely to file a complaint… but his viewpoint apparently evolved in recent days.
8. Webroot Growth:Webroot’s business has generated double-digit growth for 13 consecutive quarters, the IT security company says. The company added more than 850 MSP partners for its fiscal third quarter ended March 31, 2017. Webroot now serves more than 8,800 MSPs, the company said.
7. Distribution – IT Services:ConnectWise has agreed to distribute Webroot SecureAnywhere DNS Protection to its network of IT solutions providers, MSPs and IT consulting firms. The effort is part of ConnectWise’s managed security services ISV partner push.
6. Distribution – IT Management: Ingram Micro has agreed to distribute Opengear solutions for managing IT infrastructure across data centers and remote network environments.
5. Partner of the Year:HP Enterprise has named CenturyLink as its service provider of the year. CenturyLink provides HPE customers with such services as managed hosting, storage, cloud, application services, big data solutions and colocation. Not by coincidence, those CenturyLink services are built atop HPE hardware.
4. More HPE Acquisitions: CEO Meg Whitman tells Bloomberg that HP Enterprise plans to make more acquisitions. This is news?
3. Vertical Market Managed Services:CalTech has earned an endorsement from the Community Bankers Association of Oklahoma (CBAO). It’s the latest example of a successful MSP working closely with business associations to build vertical market relationships and revenue streams. We’ll share more details later today.
2. Managed WiFi Services: Smart City Networks, a telecommunications provider for the convention industry, has rolled out new wireless networking services across 39 convention centers and other venues throughout the United States. Small business MSPs, meanwhile, are taking a close look at emerging managed networking solutions from Datto at this week’s DattoCon17 conference.
1. Security Perspectives: We caught up with Datto Chief Information Security Officer Ryan Weeks yesterday during DattoCon17. The result was an in-depth discussion about overall security best practices across your product, user and customer bases. We’ll share more details on MSSP Alert later today.