23. H-1B Visa Overhaul: Amid all the concern about H-1B Visas, the overhaul could actually benefit big tech companies, Bloomberg now suggests…
22. Avaya Reorg Plan?: Avaya, currently navigating chapter 11 bankruptcy, expects to file a reorganization plan in the “very near future.” Avaya originally expected to file the plan in March, but it sounds like the document will surface within the next few days. The reorg plan is particularly important to Avaya retirees, many of whom are wondering whether the proposed pan will potentially impact Avaya pensions.
21. Managed Broadband Services:Nitel, a nationwide managed telecom service provider, has launched multiple managed broadband solutions for midmarket and enterprise customers. The move comes a few weeks after Nitel unveiled SD-WAN and associated services with Versa Networks.
20. Cloud Distribution:Tech Data’s Avnet Cloud Marketplace now offers HotLink (disaster recovery as a service), ParkMyCloud (cloud cost optimization) and Zadara Storage (storage as a service) to its partner ecosystem. Tech Data acquired the Avnet Cloud Marketplace as part of the recent Avnet Technology Solutions buyout. Tech Data had its own cloud marketplace ahead of the M&A deal. The big question: When or how will Tech Data merge or evolve its two cloud marketplaces? Hmmm…
19. Distribution:PlanetOne channel partners can now market and sell Global Capacity’s suite of products and services including Ethernet, Internet, Private Line and Hybrid WAN solutions to their enterprise customers.
18. Enterprise Managed Services:Entisys360, an IT consultancy specializing in IT infrastructure, virtualization and cloud-first solutions, has an Enterprise Managed Services offering; it features a suite of technology management and support services for virtualization and cloud-based infrastructure environments.
17. Virtual Desks & Contact Centers:Dizzion,which specializes in virtual desktops, has joined the inContact inCloud Ecosystem (iCE). inContact develops contact center software.
16. Free Cloud Monitoring:DigitalOcean, a cloud for developers, has launched a free monitoring service for cloud servers. Developers can collect and visualize metrics in graphs, monitor performance and receive alerts in one interface, with no configuration required, the company claims. Related:, Check out the top 50 cloud monitoring and management tools.
15. Cloud Compliance:Cloud9 Technologies, a cloud-based voice trading communication and analytics platform for financial firms and institutional traders, has successfully completed the Service Organization Control (SOC) 2 Type II certification.
14. USB Thumb Drive Security: Honeywell Process Solutions has launched a USB thumb drive security solution for industrial sites. Honeywell’s Secure Media Exchange (SMX) protects facilities against current and emerging USB-borne threats, the company claims.
13. Security Partner Program:Avecto, an endpoint security software provider, has launched a revamped channel partner program along with a roadshow across the US, Canada, UK and Germany. The company has 80 partners worldwide, including 28 in North America. VP Matthew Knutsen is driving the partner effort. Avecto shifted from direct sales to a channel partner model roughly two years ago.
12. Sophos Growth:Revenues at Sophos are skyrocketing, and the company has increased its full-year revenue forecast to $630 million — up from a previous estimate of $613 million. What’s behind the uptick? The cybersecurity threat landscape — along with ransomware — certainly set the stage for growth. But Sophos has gone the extra mile with an end-to-end security management dashboard for MSPs. Related: Sophos VP Scott Barlow described the MSP effort in this ChannelE2E podcast.
11. Talent – Security: VIPRE has hired Marya Munir as senior director of channel marketing. She brings more than 20 years of IT channel experience to VIPRE and most recently served as director of worldwide partner and alliance marketing at Webroot, the company says.
But wait. More content awaits you on page 2. Proceed to page two now and chow down the remaining items…