Welcome to Round Two of Pinot with Pag and Panettieri. Brought to you by SolarWinds MSP, the video podcast is a free flow conversation about the increasingly important role of the MSP and the market trends influencing and impacting your success.
Got a question for SolarWinds MSP President John Pagliuca and/or ChannelE2E Editor Joe Panettieri? Post it in the comment section below. We’ll either reply online or cover your question in our next quarterly conversation. Now, here’s the conversation:Video link
In this edition we cover:
- 0:00 - Introductions
- 1:19 - Status Update: MSP industry performance, plus the potential SolarWinds MSP spin-out from parent SolarWinds.
- 3:53 - The potential SolarWinds MSP spin-out: Same team, plus some potential additions.
- 5:15 - Timeline variables to keep in mind for potential SolarWinds MSP spin-out.
- 6:27 - Today's wine tastings: Migration Pinot Noir 2015 from Russian River Valley and Decoy Pinot Noir 2018 from Duckhorn Portfolio. John explains the choices.
- 8:06 - A very special wine tasting Zoomboming.
- 9:00 - Mike Cullen's personal selection.
- 11:20 - Latest market trends from Cullen's perspective
- 12:05 - How SolarWinds MSP is remaining focused on core priorities.
- 13:15 - The security roadmap & partner choice to assist MSP scalability. Plus, focusing on three to five top priorities.
- 16:02 - Analyzing MSP performance -- Cullen describes key financial metrics and how the top MSP performers outpace the market.
- 17:22 - How the pandemic has elevated MSPs, and their strategic value to customers.
- 18:40 - How churn impacts MSPs growth rates.
- 19:40 - SolarWinds MSP and partnerships with large platform providers such as Microsoft and Cisco Systems.
- 20:15 - SolarWinds MSP's R&D investments and ecosystem investments.
- 24: 32 - Complexity equals opportunity for MSPs.
- 25:10 - Why larger IT giants awakened to MSPs and the SMB sector.
- 27:18 - Customer experience and customer success: The end-game for MSPs.
- 30:20 - Conclusion
Reminder: Post your questions or comments below, and we’ll either reply online or cover your question in our next quarterly conversation.